Author Topic: Receipt folder option  (Read 1890 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Receipt folder option
« on: September 24, 2012, 09:45:48 AM »
I may be the only one who may have the use for this and if it is the case then set the request aside,
When clicking on Receipts from the Preferences Tab I have the option to set the receipts folder. I save each tournament in its own folder (Data/Saves/2012/Sept/24). Would it be possible to have a button next to the Browse button that would automatically set the Receipts folder to the folder where the current tournament is saved?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Receipt folder option
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 10:24:25 AM »
It's already on the "to-do" list.  Just have to decide what to do when the tournament hasn't yet been saved.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 05:05:17 PM »
If the Tournament is not on Auto-Save then an option to "Save Receipts In Tournament Location" (or something like that) would be accessible. If the tournament is not on Auto-Save the option would be greyed out and maybe reverted to the Default

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 05:09:42 PM »
That's a good idea.

But what I meant was before the tournament was saved (not necessarily Auto-save).  If you load a tournament, or create a new tournament and save it, the software now knows where your tournament file is saved.  However, if you defy convention and defy the red warning banner that Auto-save is off and start and run your tournament anyway, the software doesn't know [yet] where your tournament file is saved, and thus could obviously not save receipts there.  But falling back to the configured folder is probably the right thing to do.