Author Topic: layout  (Read 3005 times)

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
layout
« on: April 30, 2011, 12:06:29 PM »
How do you save a tourney with the sounds, events and layout.

When I save then reopen the layout reverts back to the default.

Sure I read somewhere on here that I could save my layout out the default but I use more than 1 layout.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

TIMMER

• View Profile
Re: layout
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 12:28:47 PM »
You have to save in the  Game tab, Save as,...then in the Layout Tab,..then save the Layout.... The Layout is where the sound,events,ect will be saved... 

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 01:04:26 PM »
Still puzzled.

I want to save the game, then when I open that game the layout that was with it is still with it.

I have several saved layouts, thought there was a way that you could save and load with a layout.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 01:40:21 PM »
If you load from the layout tab it just loads the sound,events,ect..then the  rounds,blinds,ect, will be the default at least in 2.6b5

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 01:59:51 PM »
you need to have 2.6b5 installed in order to specify that you wish to have layouts saved with the tournament file, previous version treat the layout as a seperate concern.

In 2.6b5 preferences you can stipulate how you want TD to handle layout files with tournament files.

Regards
stu
Stuart Murray

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 06:49:01 AM »
Think I understand now, had a mess about with it.

I saved the game the went and sved the layout, then closed everything.
When I opened the game again the layout came with it.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 11:06:39 AM »
Just to clarify, because I certainly made this a little bit confusing during the beta of 2.6:

(1) Prior to 2.6, the layout was saved with the tournament just as any other part of the tournament, such as the Rounds schedule, the Chips configuration, the Player list.  It could also be loaded and saved independently as a template, just like those other parts.

(2) In 2.6 alpha 1, I made the layout a special case, in that it no longer is saved with the tournament.  It still can be loaded and saved independently as a template, but it is no longer saved with the tournament, like the rounds schedule, player list, chips configuration, etc, are.  This separates the "operation" of a tournament from the "presentation" of the tournament.  It also had the side-effect of making tournament save files smaller, which makes them load and save faster.  This gives more incentive to use AutoSave, and makes running stats on large numbers of tournaments much more pleasant.

(3) In 2.6 beta 5 I reverted that decision.  Now, the *default* behavior is just like it was prior to 2.6.  Layouts are saved with the tournament, just like the other parts of the tournament, and may also be loaded and saved independently as a template.  However, there is now a preference to allow you to NOT save the layout with the tournament.  It's up to you.  But the default behavior is just like it was before.