Author Topic: Adding Players  (Read 1972 times)

Lafrog

• View Profile
Adding Players
« on: January 14, 2016, 02:56:40 PM »
Hi Corey,

Very minor request here but I thought I'd share it anyway...

My setup include 5 leagues (Monday thru Friday) spread over 4 seasons/year (trimesters).

My issue is when I add players to my daily tournament. The "add player" dialog default to pointing the database to the "League Subset" which I then have to change to the "<ALL>" value... I have to do this with EVERY entries in my tournament. Could there be a way to tell TD that I only wish to use the "<ALL>" value (i.e. do not create a subset database for every league)?

I appreciated the need of having separate databases for each league but this is not the case for all as we can use the "league" feature in other ways.

Also, it would be nice if the focus of the "Add Players" window would be put on the "Players" list instead of the "League" database value. That way we could start typing the name of the player right away instead of having to select a random player in the list, uncheck it (because selecting it checks it by default) and then start typing. Again, this is a serie of steps that we have to do EVERY time we enter a new player.

TIA
Lafrog

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Adding Players
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 07:58:03 AM »
Very minor request here but I thought I'd share it anyway...

My setup include 5 leagues (Monday thru Friday) spread over 4 seasons/year (trimesters).

My issue is when I add players to my daily tournament. The "add player" dialog default to pointing the database to the "League Subset" which I then have to change to the "<ALL>" value... I have to do this with EVERY entries in my tournament. Could there be a way to tell TD that I only wish to use the "<ALL>" value (i.e. do not create a subset database for every league)?

I appreciated the need of having separate databases for each league but this is not the case for all as we can use the "league" feature in other ways.

The idea is that once you've selected a league for the tournament, the league selection should default to that league on player dialogs as a convenience.  Obviously you're using the Leagues feature in a way different from the intended.  I'll have to give this some thought.

Also, it would be nice if the focus of the "Add Players" window would be put on the "Players" list instead of the "League" database value. That way we could start typing the name of the player right away instead of having to select a random player in the list, uncheck it (because selecting it checks it by default) and then start typing. Again, this is a serie of steps that we have to do EVERY time we enter a new player.

Actually, I agree with this.  For the vast majority of users, they're unlikely to be changing the league anyway, so focus should not start on the League select list.  It should be on the player list (or Find field, if it's enabled) so, as you've described, typing to narrow down players can happen immediately.