Author Topic: Settings Window is gone..  (Read 971 times)

ermelopoker

• View Profile
Settings Window is gone..
« on: October 09, 2014, 09:04:25 AM »
Helly everybody,

A couple of days ago I did the TD 3.3 update.
Yesterday we hosted a tournament and TD didnt work anymore... When we start Tournament Director it stars and I see the tournament screen, but when I want push the Escape button to see the settings screen it does not appear... Tournament Director also does not want to Close  when i push the X button on the right top of my screen.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem? TD worked always great for me

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Settings Window is gone..
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 09:58:53 AM »
What you are seeing usually occurs after using the software with a secondary display connected to your PC, and then later using the software again after you disconnect the secondary display.  The TD doesn't know the secondary display is no longer connected, and because it can be configured to remember where dialogs open and always reopen the same dialogs in the same location (or always open dialogs in a specific place, like on a secondary display), the TD is still opening those dialogs where the secondary display used to be.

To correct this, after the TD starts up press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+R (that means press the R key while holding down the Ctrl, Alt, and Shift keys).  This should cause the currently open dialog to recenter itself onto your main display.  Hopefully the currently open dialog is the Settings window.  If not, close whatever dialog you see and repeat.  Once you've got the Settings window visible again, go to the Preferences tab, select the Display Management category, and change the preference that controls where dialogs open (top right of this page).

If you are using version 3.3, you can press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12 instead.  This will automatically recenter all open dialogs onto your main display, and change that display preference for you.

I've got an idea in the works for addressing this in the next version.