Author Topic: Multiple licences...  (Read 5011 times)

milan

• View Profile
    • Sheffield University Poker Society
Multiple licences...
« on: September 26, 2006, 04:16:10 AM »
I have bought the software and  have set everything up... I use a USB stick to take all the stuff along to the venue, but when i plug it into the computer in the venue, it says its an evaluation copy... how can i use the software on any computer from my usb stick?

thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple licences...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 10:31:21 AM »
You'll have to register the software on each computer that you use, using your personal User ID and License Key.  Two things to keep in mind: (1) Are you following the license restrictions (see http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/faq.html#faq1)?  The licensing is pretty lenient, but you should always check.  (2) Unless you uninstall the software, your User ID and License Key will remain in use on that computer.  That means even though you unplug your USB memory stick (and thus "remove" the software from the computer), if someone comes along and installs the software on that computer, it will already have your User ID and License Key in place.  If you want to remove your User ID and License Key, you'll have to remove the following registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\The Tournament Director 2.0\UserID
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\The Tournament Director 2.0\Key

milan

• View Profile
    • Sheffield University Poker Society
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 09:38:40 PM »
Its a university computer that they use for presentations, and nothing else... no one will be installing TD on it any time... doubt anyone that uses it at other times has permission to install an y piece of software...

ferryman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 11:21:02 AM »
What i do is install the program on the USB dongle register it on the USB then when i plug it into another computer i just run the exe on the USB dongle, no installation nesessary, therefore no ID nessasary this