Author Topic: Points v. Score v. Overall Score  (Read 1165 times)

shushs

• View Profile
Points v. Score v. Overall Score
« on: March 10, 2009, 03:49:28 PM »
Ok, I am struggling a bit with this and hope I can get some help.

I am trying to use a modified Dr. Neau's formula to create points based on how much you paid, number of players, and your rank. I am excluding bounties, etc. When I enter the formula in the main Tournament Settings Screen, they display correctly. When I go to stats, and I filter from 2009/1/1 - 2009/1/31, my 'Overall Score' shows correctly (defined as 'scores') and my tournament scoring is defined as 'sqrt((n * bc)) / (r + 1.0)'.
After filtering and loading all of the tournaments, my January numbers are fine.

If I adjust the filter to 2009/2/1->2009/2/28, I get 'Overall scores' that are close, but some are 0.0000 for players that placed and some actually cashed. If I change the way Overall scores are defined to sum(scores), it shows all tournaments from 2009/1/1 even though the filter is supposed to be for just February.  arrrrgh! Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as i really want to get this right.

I did not see in the documentation where there was a way to determine a difference between 'points', 'score', and 'overall score'. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Points v. Score v. Overall Score
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 10:48:52 AM »
Press the Info button to see which tournaments were loaded, which were filtered, etc.  Are you sure it is including tournaments outside of the date range?

Also, switch to single-field view mode and select "Score" for the field (press the View button).  This will should you the score each player got on each tournament.

Briefly, the difference is that (a) Points for Playing allows you to award points to players using a formula; because it is part of the tournament, each tournament can have a unique way of awarding points; (b) Tournament Score is essentially the same but allows you to apply a consistent formula over a set of tournaments, without having to go into each tournament and change the formula; plus it allows you to use the (c) Overall Score to combine those scores in any way you choose to arrive at an overall score for a player for a set of tournaments.