Author Topic: TD not playing AND unchecking sound file box...  (Read 1578 times)

glidefx

• View Profile
TD not playing AND unchecking sound file box...
« on: February 24, 2011, 06:25:58 PM »
I have 2 sounds and 1 message set up for the start of a tourney.  TD will NOT play the second sound and when I go back into the settings to look, TD has unchecked the box for the unplayed sound.  I recheck it, save, start the tourney and the problem repeats.  If I get rid of the message, the problem still occurs.  If I eliminate the sound that DOES play, leaving only the one sound for that event, it will play.  The moment I add in the additional sound, the problem reoccurs.  I've already looked at the action settings and it looks like it should play all the sounds in order all the way through.  Please help asap as I have a tourney tonight.  Thanks in advance.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: TD not playing AND unchecking sound file box...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 06:36:34 PM »
If it's set to one event, it's not going to happen, unless you can make the two into one sound file (possible, but I don't know the software/hardware needed).

What you could do, is create a second event to fire after the first one is done. Probably the easiest way to go about it, in my opinion.

EDIT - what the event does is hold all the sounds possible, and will either go through them in order, or randomly, but not play all of them at once. I have a good 15-20 sounds for "when a player busts out". Definitely don't want all of them to play every time.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

glidefx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 06:39:43 PM »
So even though within the settings of a single event you're able to add multiple actions, it just won't play them?  Is this a glitch in the software?

glidefx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 06:41:48 PM »
I was under the impression under the "action settings" that you're able to get them all to play, not at once but one after the other weather randomly or not.  Thanks for the work around though...gonna try it now..

glidefx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 06:48:06 PM »
Well, not even the work around works.  I reread the action settings and you should be able to have as many sounds and messages go off under one events as you like.  The options are clearly there.  Any other thoughts to get this working?

glidefx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 06:57:39 PM »
I reread those action settings yet again and I see what you're saying....  How do you configure 2 events with sounds to fire off one after the other? 

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 07:15:05 PM »
Multiple sounds will be played in order on each firing of the event.  So, the first time the event fires, the first sound will play.  You'll also notice, if you edit the event at this time, the first sound will be checked, indicating that it has already been "Performed".  The second time the event fires, the second sound will play... and so on - according to that event's preferences.  You cannot have an event play 2 sounds at the same time, or in immediate succession.  You'll need to create a single audio file with both sounds in order to do that.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 09:11:38 PM »
which was my suggestion Corey, merge the two audio files together using an audio program, or create two seperate events in order to play each sound

Make the trigger for the first <The Tournament Starts>
Conditions:
(isRound) and (state = 2)

And the second <The Clock Ticks>
With conditions:
(isRound) and (secondsElapsed = 10) and (roundNum = 1) and (state = 2)

Make sure you are using the current Beta version for secondsElapsed variable.
State 2 = during tournament

Regards
Stuart
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 09:13:23 PM by stuamurr »
Stuart Murray