Author Topic: Video Tutorial  (Read 2144 times)

Bixby

• Guinness is Goodness
    • View Profile
Video Tutorial
« on: January 31, 2008, 02:41:51 PM »
I did a few searches in the forums and did not find any hits so I thought I would post this.

With all of the questions and how-to posts related to formulas, layouts, running tournaments, etc., it occured to me that a series of short YouTube tutorial videos might be a great addition. I have some production software that allows me to post a video to YouTube, but I do not have a deep understanding of the software nor do I think I have a good way with presenting information.

This would probbaly serve a multitude of purposes.
(1) This would answer may questions for those who learn visually.
(2) It would address many things that a manual cannot, techniques and tips for configuring certain settings & features.
(3) This would likely be a good marketing tool for the software itself.

Videos on YouTube can be up to 100mb each and hosting is free. Curious what other people think about this idea...
My KARMA ran over your DOGMA

Phaze

• View Profile
Re: Video Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 03:47:00 PM »
personally I think this idea is right even with the layouts question.... everybody could use it, but not too many people stepping up to do it... A lot of people want crazy cool layouts, but nobody seems to putting them togather and sharing them... quite honestly, this is a community question, if someone has the skills to do so and the time to donate, I think a lot of people will benefit. If you could do it, I bet the idea will catch on... Maybe Corey could devote some of the forums and/or the help file to these video's to make them more accessable...