Author Topic: Seating Question  (Read 2498 times)

fiveonomo

• View Profile
Seating Question
« on: February 17, 2009, 06:06:06 PM »
Hey guys this is probably a very simple thing but I cant figure it out.  For the first time I will have two tables going this Saturday.  I know the software can run two tables but how do I seat the players?  If I have 14 players and they will not know where they are sitting until they arrive Saturday night, how do I manually seat them?  What else do I need to know about running two tables versus the one table?  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.  Scott.

agromans

• View Profile
Re: Seating Question
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 06:14:46 PM »
Hey guys this is probably a very simple thing but I cant figure it out.  For the first time I will have two tables going this Saturday.  I know the software can run two tables but how do I seat the players?  If I have 14 players and they will not know where they are sitting until they arrive Saturday night, how do I manually seat them?  What else do I need to know about running two tables versus the one table?  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.  Scott.

What you can do is this; set 7 at each table.  One table is hearts and the other table is spades (you can use Diamonds or Clubs, up to you).  Place 14 cards face down, 1 though 7 of hearts and 1 though 7 of spades.  Each player picks a card and that is the table and seat they will sit at, the dealer button being seat #1 and going clockwise from there.

Karpro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 06:44:21 PM »
buy in the players and then let the software randomly seat the players.

rcasey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 08:44:26 PM »

That is how I do it.  As they pay me the buyin and I register them, the computer seats them.  One less thing you have to do and everyone can focus on your countdown and hangout until its time.  Run a mock tourney to try it out.

badbeat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 03:28:22 AM »

That is how I do it.  As they pay me the buyin and I register them, the computer seats them.  One less thing you have to do and everyone can focus on your countdown and hangout until its time.  Run a mock tourney to try it out.
I don't bother seating players, using TD, until everyone has bought in.
If you know that everyone will definitely play, you can register and seat them, then buy them in when they arrive and pay.

fiveonomo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 05:59:55 AM »
Thanks for all of the help.  So if I close registration with 14 players and I create two tables, then I hit seat players the software will randomly seat players?? 

badbeat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 06:15:25 AM »
Thanks for all of the help.  So if I close registration with 14 players and I create two tables, then I hit seat players the software will randomly seat players?? 
Yes and it will automatically balance the tables if you have any other amount. If you set up two 8 seater tables, (or 10, depending on your final table size) TD will seat 7 on each.

fiveonomo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 07:17:58 AM »
As always, great software and a great forum to talk about it and help each other.  In the future I hope to have the knowledge to help others on here, talk to you guys soon.  Thanks, Scott.