Author Topic: Some Suggestions  (Read 2102 times)

elprime

• View Profile
Some Suggestions
« on: April 24, 2008, 06:37:38 PM »
Hi Corey,

I have some suggestions and one problem.

In the chips tab can you put a button so you can estimate the amount of chips that are going to be at the last part of the tourney based on amount of buy-ins, re-buys, and add-ons just like the one on the prize tab?

Also in the summary tab it would be nice to know the rake of buy-ins, re-buys, and add-ons pressing a button that calculate every thing there. Just like the one i mention above.

In the rounds tab instead of.. or additional to.. the length of the tournament in hours, can you put a place to write the time that the tournament is going to start, so it can give you the time of finish? based on the levels lets say you have ten 30 min levels and and start at 8:00pm the time of finish according to the levels is 1:00am

I run the tournaments and play, but i don't pay buy-in and the program just don't treat me like a regular player. Can you put an option in the players tab that allows me and other players i select to play with out paying (buy-ins, re-buys, and add-ons) and treat them like any other player. I do this for anyone brings 10 new players gets his buy in for free. This button or option should be like secret or password protected so it can't be used by other than the tournament director.

I also will like to see the first and last name of the player when you press add player button in the players tab. Some times you have many players name or called the same

When ever i buy-in one, or more players i get a print window?? why is that for? it is really annoying.

Thanks

tandemrx

• View Profile
Re: Some Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 09:22:46 AM »
Spend some time browsing throught the help manual (help tab) and it will answer many of your questions, but here are answers to most of your questions (the program will  do most of what you want except automate your non-payments, but you can still do non-payments).

For buying in people who are not going to be paying, . . . when you buy them in, just change the buy-in amount to zero for that person's buy in.  It won't do it automatically, but that would be an unusual feature request that I don't think many people would use when it can be done easily at the time of buy-in.

In the chips tab can you put a button so you can estimate the amount of chips that are going to be at the last part of the tourney based on amount of buy-ins, re-buys, and add-ons just like the one on the prize tab?

I don't see how the program can estimate the number of re-buys and add-ons to figure out total number of chips in play.  This is variable for every tournament.

You can easily put the total number of chips currently in play (and/or average chip stack) on your layout using the the "chip count" token.  This is what players want to know anyway.

Also in the summary tab it would be nice to know the rake of buy-ins, re-buys, and add-ons pressing a button that calculate every thing there. Just like the one i mention above.

The summary tab does give you the total rake and total of buy-ins, re-buys, and add-ons.  It can't estimate this because obviously it doesn't know if you are going to have 10 players or 1000 players.

If you buy-in the players you know are going to be playing before the tourney starts (or presume are going to be playing, you can always un-buy them in later) you can get an estimate of your pot and prizes and rake, etc.

In the rounds tab instead of.. or additional to.. the length of the tournament in hours, can you put a place to write the time that the tournament is going to start, so it can give you the time of finish? based on the levels lets say you have ten 30 min levels and and start at 8:00pm the time of finish according to the levels is 1:00am

I know of no way to predict with certainty when a tournament is going to finish.  There are also sorts of prediction algorithms, but they only give you an estimate.  You never know when those last 2 or 3 players are going to go at it for an hour beyond what you might normally expect.  So I am not sure how the program can give you the finish time.

I also will like to see the first and last name of the player when you press add player button in the players tab. Some times you have many players name or called the same

The name that is displayed in the player screen is what you have set up in the preferences tab under the "name format" button on the left hand side of the preferences tab.  You can have it set to whatever you want (first name, last name, nickname, dog's name, wife's maiden name, etc  :)).

When ever i buy-in one, or more players i get a print window?? why is that for? it is really annoying.

Again, go to the preferences tab and go to the receipts button and turn off receipts.

Spend some time looking over the preferences screen and the help tab.  It will solve a lot of your start up questions and it will teach you a lot about the capabilities of the program . . . which are quite extensive.

hope that helps.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 12:17:42 PM »

The Start Time column does give you a relative starting time of each level, but it doesn't give you an exact time because it doesn't know exactly when the tournament will start.  It could once the tournament starts, or if you've started a countdown, but those Start Times would then have to be updated as the clock runs (pausing the clock, etc, would cause them to change).  I just figured that knowing that round 10 would start 5 hours after the start of the tournament would be enough to be able to easily estimate roughly when your tournament would be over.

elprime

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 12:25:31 PM »
Thanks tandemrx,

I think i didn't make my self clear.

All of my suggestions are pre-tournament. In the prizes tab you already have a button that says estimate prize so you can have an idea of the prize even before the tournament starts.

That is exactly what i think is missing in the chips tab so you can get an estimate of the amount of chips with diferent amount of players. (I want to have an idea of how many chips are going to be in the last phase of the tournament and adjust the blinds accordingly). As you know the 10,000 final blind will not work if you have 435,000 chips! so if you get 30 or 1000 players you can adjust by adding, modifying or removing levels.

Again the in the summary tab i will like to be able to estimate the rakes "pretourney" so i can have a ballpark idea of what to count in for the expenses.

For the length of the tournament i am not trying to predict when it will finish, What i want is to input the hour of start and according to your rounds schedule get the time of finish. In the rounds tab you already have this info: Levels, Rounds, Breaks, Length, Play(time), On Break. What i am suggesting is to add an input box so you can write the probable start time and with the length of play and breaks get the time of finish. You can do that now (example if you think your tourney is going to start at 8:00 you can add what you already have in length and on break lets say it is 6:20 mins if you add the finish time will be 2:20) This is only for informative purposes.

Thanks for your answer about the players info and thanks again for the tip about canceling recipts.

And i will spend some time in the preferences tab as you suggest.

Thanks