Author Topic: Sound Init Error  (Read 6067 times)

CHaBou

• View Profile
Sound Init Error
« on: July 13, 2007, 09:44:38 PM »
When I launch TD (v. 2.3.2), I've a messagebox : " !! Settings.Sounds.InitError !!"
If I try to play default sounds : another messagebox :"There was a problem : Name TypeError : Number 10 - 5007. Description : 'controls' is Null or is not an object"

I've 2 soundcards (integrated + PCI) but I've disabled the integrated soundchipset in the bios and Windows (XP) doesn't see it.
I've never had this problem with my other softwares.

Is it a known problem ?
I haven't see anything about this in this forum.

It's really an amazing software ! Powerful, incredibly flexible, very good internationalization support and so eeeeaaaasyyyy to use !
Congratulations !

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sound Init Error
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 11:53:27 PM »
Yes, that's a bug, but only in that the message key is wrong.  It should read:

There was an error accessing Windows Media Player.  Sound events may not play.

The Tournament Director requires Windows Media Player version 7 or greater.  Please be sure you have the required version installed if you wish to to utilize the Tournament Director sound capabilities.

So, what version of Windows Media Player is installed on your computer?

CHaBou

• View Profile
Re: Sound Init Error
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 11:21:44 AM »
Ok ! That's it :)

I had only old version of Windows Media Player installed : 6.4 (default player with Win 2k)

I have WinXP but I HATE Windows Media Player lol
!! VLC RuLeZ !! ;)

I've installed Windows Media Player 9 and it's allright now.

I know that only few people doesn't have Windows Media Player installed. And playing sound is a minor feature which doesn't justify to spend time in his development.
It's just a little "regrettable" that your wonderfull software depends on such "shitty" Microsoft's Product ;D :P

Thank you very much for your help and your fast answer !!