Author Topic: Stats Tab Error  (Read 2648 times)

Asegzamfire

• View Profile
Stats Tab Error
« on: May 27, 2013, 09:23:47 PM »
I have multiple software error using The Stats Tab.

I load a month of tourney, it take more time then before the last big update 3.2 but also, after loading all the tourney for the month the program is on Working.... to show the player, sometime at that point, the frame of the button export dissapear (the name still there) and  the error occur and some other time is as soon as we press Export.

Its opening a window name Script Error and in the window its blank, i close it using the X button top right. the Tab still on Working...  but i can use the refresh button, the window of the refresh appear all fuck up. At that point any option anywhere in the programme gave different error i have to end task the program, Exit giving me error.

This is one of the error the Stats Tab gave me, i can repeat the crash as much as i want and it gave me different blank window opening.
I also was able to repeat it on different computers.

It always when i load stats multiple tab. for example i load the month of may with 90 tournaments so far. i Print the stats, then i open April with 106 Tournaments.... and so on. Sometime it take a couple of loading to crash, other its only 2 before i get the error.

The computer are good enough to run the program. They are 6month old and run perfectly fine until the 3.2 update that i did a week ago or so.

Thx for the help!!!

Asegzamfire

• View Profile
Re: Stats Tab Error
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 09:33:34 PM »
Here another window that i got.

Name: TypeError
Number:10 - 438
Description: Object doesn't support this property or method
at TDErrorHandler(String, String, Number)
at openDialog(ExportSettingsDialog)
at StatsTab.exportStatsDialog()

Then i press ok and i have 2 windows, Export Stats Blank window and another with name Error and Black window

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 09:56:24 PM »
Version 3.2 added many stats variables and so there is definitely more computation going on.  If you're running stats with a lot of tournaments, it could certainly have an affect, particularly in the amount of time it takes to compute those stats.

With that many tournaments, problems can often be avoided by simply managing the tournaments a little differently.  But you may already be doing it in an optimal way, who knows?  Why don't you take a backup of your data and send it to support@thetournamentdirector.net so I can take a look.

To take a backup, follow the instructions in the following Tournament Director FAQ entry: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/faq.html#faq32

Make sure when you take the backup that you include the following items: Database, Saves folder, Preferences

Asegzamfire

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 10:21:05 PM »
The problem was already there but it was taking a lots more loading to do it, it was happening to me when i was extract the stats for each month of a year in a row, after like 12 loading or so it was doing the same problem. When i run the task Manager under performance, the Physical Memory (MB) are all used and as it approach the 0 in the free the program create the error. The Ram in the computers are already to the maximum. I was thinking of adding some Virtual Memory from the drive. Do you think this option could help?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 10:33:01 PM by Asegzamfire »

Asegzamfire

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 11:05:08 PM »
Dosnt look like it help, only a restart of the computer help for a while. But it look like TD3 hold on the memory, up until you close the program. If it gave you any idea to anyway to help on that side or if its not possible at all.

On another note. Is there on your To do list. Changing Databse to an SQL one?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 11:27:31 AM »
The problem was already there but it was taking a lots more loading to do it, it was happening to me when i was extract the stats for each month of a year in a row, after like 12 loading or so it was doing the same problem.

Meaning the problem you are now seeing in 3.2 you have seen before in previous version(s) of the TD software?

When i run the task Manager under performance, the Physical Memory (MB) are all used and as it approach the 0 in the free the program create the error. The Ram in the computers are already to the maximum. I was thinking of adding some Virtual Memory from the drive. Do you think this option could help?

I can't say, especially without actual numbers.  But physical (and virtual) memory is only half the story.  Since the TD runs inside of IE (essentially), it will be limited by its host.  Adding more memory to your PC may have no effect at all on how the IE host allocates memory for the TD.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 11:29:20 AM »
Dosnt look like it help, only a restart of the computer help for a while. But it look like TD3 hold on the memory, up until you close the program. If it gave you any idea to anyway to help on that side or if its not possible at all.

On another note. Is there on your To do list. Changing Databse to an SQL one?

No, there's no plan to go that route at this time.

But as I previously mentioned, sometimes problems can often be avoided by simply managing the tournaments a little differently.  If you send me your data so I can take a look, I can see if there might be a better way to arrange the tournaments, run the tournaments, and/or modify your stats profile to allow the TD to function more efficiently.

Asegzamfire

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 04:55:44 AM »
I will have to ask permission to send you all the information first, i keep you inform on that.

In the mean time i send you an email at support with another kind of error i got with some more information on how im doing things.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 01:35:26 PM »
I will have to ask permission to send you all the information first, i keep you inform on that.

I understand.  Rest assured I will keep private any data shared with me.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 12:52:08 AM »
For the record: Virtual memory in theory should act like RAM, thus assisting to prevent the issue from happening. Personally, I allot 1-5 GB of hard disk space for RAM, and I never have issues with programs - only with the internet loading pages from time to time, which is due to signal strength and not RAM.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!