Author Topic: Upgrading to 2.3.1  (Read 1901 times)

SalSolo

• View Profile
Upgrading to 2.3.1
« on: June 15, 2007, 09:06:04 AM »
I just upgraded to the latest version but that was a mistake. After upgrade which did happen without any problems I can no longer see any players, leagues or seasons in my DB. Even restoring from backup does not help...the files are in the DB folder but nothing shows under the Database tab :(

Any good ideas for this problem?

SalSolo

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrading to 2.3.1
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 10:19:11 AM »
Make sure you've installed the new version "over top" (in the same location as) the previously installed version.  You could have two installations of the software now and not realize it.

Also, are you running Windows Vista?  I've had one user who discovered that in his version of Vista (mine doesn't do this), although the program was installed in "C:\Program Files\The Tournament Director 2", his database, saved tournaments, etc, were being saved in "C:\Users\<user-name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\TournamentDirector".

MattBurlew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 12:52:49 PM »
When performing a prize chop (and also I guess when eliminating 2 players at once), the points for playing aren't split, instead both players get 1st place points.

Not sure if this is intentional or not.

Ran a tourney with 2.3.1 last night, and it worked flawlessly.  Well done.

2 suggestions for the to-do list:

1) On the points for playing dialog, allow the user to specify what the final table point is (so that the Test All dialog is more accurate).

2) Create as a sound event when a player busts out on the final table bubble (if that's possible).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 01:01:28 PM by MattBurlew »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 04:59:43 PM »
It is intentional, because both players ranked 1st.  Splitting the points might be OK for YOUR formula, but might not for others.  Probably splitting the combined points for 1st and 2nd place (assuming we have a 2-way chop) would be most appropriate, but again, not necessarily.

To work around this, you can set the rank of each player involved in a chop.  For example, if in heads-up and one player has 10K chips while the other has 5K chips, they might decide to chop, but obviously not an even chop.  So you divide the winnings appropriately.  Likewise, the person with 10K chips would likely still be ranked 1st, while the other person ranked 2nd.

You can also adjust each player's points manually, but you probably knew this already.

MattBurlew

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 07:49:02 PM »
It is intentional, because both players ranked 1st.  Splitting the points might be OK for YOUR formula, but might not for others.  Probably splitting the combined points for 1st and 2nd place (assuming we have a 2-way chop) would be most appropriate, but again, not necessarily.

Other people's formulas are not nearly as important as mine, of course.  ;D

To work around this, you can set the rank of each player involved in a chop.  For example, if in heads-up and one player has 10K chips while the other has 5K chips, they might decide to chop, but obviously not an even chop.  So you divide the winnings appropriately.  Likewise, the person with 10K chips would likely still be ranked 1st, while the other person ranked 2nd.

You can also adjust each player's points manually, but you probably knew this already.

Doing it manually is no problem.  As long as it's not a bug, that's cool.