Author Topic: Change player option Under Edit Game player  (Read 4305 times)

Asegzamfire

• View Profile
Change player option Under Edit Game player
« on: June 12, 2013, 04:13:06 AM »
Is it possible to add different column in the Change player window, instead of just having name?

For having a big database like 10k name or so I have name like "Pierre Cote" 3 or 4 time and they are all different guys, when I have to merge him with the good one I always have to go search the Database for the right one, then edit the name, add the id beside the name then do the change player again to see the 3 or 4 name with one with the id so I can select the right one.

Thx!!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Change player option Under Edit Game player
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 01:18:51 PM »
Starting in 3.2 you can select which columns show up on all of the various player dialogs.  On the Preferences tab, select "Player Detail Fields" and then press the "Configure Columns on Player Dialogs".  Unfortunately "ID" is not a column you can choose.  I could put it on my list to add it in the future.

Your other option is to simply show the "Name" column on those dialogs, then change what the Name displays.  For example, if you set it to a custom format of "{FN} {LN} [{ID}]", you'd see the name and ID.  Of course, this changes it for every place that displays the "Name" field, which might not be what you want.

Asegzamfire

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 11:03:59 PM »
This will work fine for me since when I'm working on the stats and other Database things I don't mind having the ID showing by the name. It wont affect when we are running the tournament.

But will be cool to have the option to have only id and name separate.

On another note, in the window for exporting stuff, all the option you can choose on what you want to export are all scramble. is it possible to have the bar on the top that put everything in Alphabetic order?
I'm often switching on what I'm exporting and I'm always looking for what I need Lol. Not a big deal but if its possible it would help a bit. Thx

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 05:44:02 PM »
This will work fine for me since when I'm working on the stats and other Database things I don't mind having the ID showing by the name. It wont affect when we are running the tournament.

But will be cool to have the option to have only id and name separate.

I have it on my to-do list.

On another note, in the window for exporting stuff, all the option you can choose on what you want to export are all scramble. is it possible to have the bar on the top that put everything in Alphabetic order?
I'm often switching on what I'm exporting and I'm always looking for what I need Lol. Not a big deal but if its possible it would help a bit. Thx

I think you're referring to the Column Chooser dialog.  I have to say I agree, as I just was using it a few days ago and realized it was very difficult to find the columns I was looking for.  The original idea was that each tab, or export, or whatever that has a column list and uses the Column Choose dialog, has a default "order" of columns.  And the list of columns (on the "Don't show these" side) would always be in that "default" order, allowing you to "reset" the columns back to their default order if you want.  I guess I felt at some point that the order was meaningful, but I now feel it really isn't.  So yeah, it would be nice if the list on the right could be alphabetized, etc.  I've also got this on my to-do list.

Asegzamfire

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 11:40:15 PM »
Thx a lot Corey!

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 06:54:23 AM »
Just a tiny thing on this.

Might already be able to do it, not sure.

When exporting (tourney results or league tables) can you save what you have selected as a template.

Often I have to keep go in and setting the preferred columns to export, so I am switching backwards and forwards.
I use mainly 3 different exports so I am going in setting it to what I had a couple of exports ago.

Cheers. 

Asegzamfire

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 11:47:45 PM »

When exporting (tourney results or league tables) can you save what you have selected as a template.

Often I have to keep go in and setting the preferred columns to export, so I am switching backwards and forwards.
I use mainly 3 different exports so I am going in setting it to what I had a couple of exports ago.

==>As much as I know there is no way to save it, the only thing it save its the last export you did will be the same next time you open. I have the same problem because I'm using multiple kind of export. But I like the idea of having some template save and just have a scroll to select it.

On the same note as being able to make everything in order to find what we need, is it possible, when you gonna do it to do the same thing for the Datastore? I use something like 15 different Database storage and it is so messy when I'm adding one and it goes to the bottom. I would like to have it like this:

01- January
02- February
03- March

It look right now  like:

11- November 2012
Since Open Database
2012 Completed year
12- December 2012
2013 Completed year

Thx!!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 10:44:57 AM »
In other words, make it sortable?

Asegzamfire

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 01:05:05 AM »
In other words, make it sortable?

Yes Please it would help, thx

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 03:26:49 PM »
Just a tiny thing on this.

Cheers. 

Hi Corey

Any thoughts on this.

Cheers

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2013, 10:13:59 AM »
To be honest, there's little demand for this type of thing so I've been reluctant to add any additional complexity to the exports.  In fact, I've been trying to simplify them and make them all more uniform, and you can see some evidence of this in 3.2.

Plus, I was hoping that the reports feature would have emerged by now and sort of take care of all of this.  But unfortunately that has not yet come to pass.

So, those are my thoughts.  Since there's only one column selection dialog, it might not be too hard to put something in there, but I can't make any promises.

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 12:52:18 PM »
To be honest, there's little demand for this type of thing so I've been reluctant to add any additional complexity to the exports.  In fact, I've been trying to simplify them and make them all more uniform, and you can see some evidence of this in 3.2.

Plus, I was hoping that the reports feature would have emerged by now and sort of take care of all of this.  But unfortunately that has not yet come to pass.

So, those are my thoughts.  Since there's only one column selection dialog, it might not be too hard to put something in there, but I can't make any promises.

Hey Corey, not a problem

It's not a big hassle to select columns, we can wait until the reports feature grows, the programs that good we sometimes find ourselves knit picking.

Cheers