Author Topic: Impossible to load a file  (Read 4194 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Impossible to load a file
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 03:09:55 PM »
I can assure you the message is not coming from the TD.  It could be coming from Windows as a result of what the TD is doing (attempting to run the Active-X control), but even that is not clear.  But as I noted before, the message window is odd, not at all what would be expected if the operating system was displaying it, but that doesn't mean it is NOT the operating system.

Are you running the program under a Windows user that does NOT have administrator access?

amont

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 02:46:16 AM »
No. There is ony one user and he is the administrator.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 08:52:47 PM »
It is clear to me that the program is unable to display file dialogs because the Common Dialog Active-X control is not installed or not properly installed.  But it is unclear as to why.  Honestly all I can do is speculate.  It could be that Active-X settings (in IE) are preventing it, but the TD shouldn't be affected by this.  It could be that some Active-X settings are corrupted and this is preventing the control from being installed or loaded.  It could be that your system has a virus.  It could be that Internet Explorer is corrupted (perhaps a reinstall of IE would help).  It could be anti-virus software that is preventing the control from installing or running.  I'm afraid I really don't know what else to do.

amont

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 05:29:21 AM »
Ok.

Thank you very much for your help. I will continue of investigate by myself...

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 10:11:03 AM »
I'm happy to continue helping in any way I can.  Please don't think I am attempting to end this thread in any way.  I'm just trying to be honest in letting you know I'm out of ideas at this point.  Please feel free to continue asking questions or commenting on the status of the issue.