Author Topic: Vista x64 - locking up  (Read 1968 times)

VooDoo

• View Profile
Vista x64 - locking up
« on: February 24, 2010, 01:40:42 PM »
I've searched the forums and not seeing anything similar to my issue.

I've downloaded the demo and testing it.  While trying to setup a tourney, I can move around but at times when I try to enter data, nothing is happening.  If I close out and restart, sometimes it works again and then sometimes I have the same issue of not being able to enter data.

Is this a Vista issue?  I know, may be a dumb question since it's Vista.  =)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Vista x64 - locking up
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 02:54:10 PM »
What exactly are you trying to type in and where are you trying to enter it in?
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

VooDoo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 02:59:12 PM »
Any field while trying to setup a game.  Prizes, chips, etc.  Sometimes, it'll let me type values but then sometimes it doesn't and the only keys that seem to work is backspace to clear the field but then I cannot enter an actual value.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 03:01:22 PM »
Never heard of this before.  Do no other keys work at all?  I mean, it's not a case of trying to enter numeric values on the keypad with the numlock off, is it?  :)  We've all done it.

VooDoo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 03:16:20 PM »
Think I found the problem.  While I was looking at the Control Keys tab I saw that you could lock and unlock a window.  When I couldn't enter data on a popup window (i.e. chipsets) I did Ctrl+L to unlock and then I was able to enter the data values.  When I moved to the prizes tab, same thing happened and the Ctrl+L worked.

Hopefully this is all it was.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 03:18:06 PM »
I've personally had no issues using the lock feature - not sure if it's cause i'm win7, but having the lock seemed to have not affected my program at all.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 02:54:48 PM »
Very odd, especially considering the "Lock" refers to locking the Game window on the current screen (preventing screen rotation from occurring).