Author Topic: Slow timer, even slowing system clock down  (Read 4583 times)

simon

• View Profile
Slow timer, even slowing system clock down
« on: March 06, 2006, 09:45:29 AM »
Hi,
when i run tournament director the clock runs slowly (10 real seconds shows up as about 6 secs). It also slows down the system clock on the laptop being used.

HP Pavilon ze4500
192 MB ram
2.4 mobile celleron
 I uninstalled an earlier version and then installed V. 3. this seemed to run at the correct speed for an hour but this morning it seemed to of slowed down again.
Any ideas ?
thanks
Simon
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 11:15:51 AM by simon »

simon

• View Profile
Re: Slow timer, even slowing system clock down
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 10:09:18 AM »
thanks for replying so promtly, which part of the post you linked to, do you think has the most relevence to me? Did I mention that the clock runs 'smoothly' it doesn't jerk just runs nearly half speed.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 10:45:36 AM by simon »

TimDugan

• View Profile
    • The Oregon Poker Tour
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 08:59:40 PM »
Ah ha.  I thought you meant your clock was running behind.

http://thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=43.0

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 09:45:48 PM »
So, you're saying that if you open the Windows clock (double-click the time on the taskbar), that even it runs slow?  And, if so, this only happens when the Tournament Director software runs?

simon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 08:16:04 AM »
Yep, that is what I was trying to say, The system clock runs fine, then I start up TD and both the TD clock and the Windows clock slow down. I don't seem to be able to solve this issue, so your help is appreciated.

TimDugan

• View Profile
    • The Oregon Poker Tour
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 09:28:50 AM »
192 MB RAM on a laptop is not a heck of a lot of RAM.  When I bought mine, I was told by a few people (all friends that had laptops) that Laptops should have more RAM than normal computers.  You might have enough RAM to run everything else well, but as Corey mentioned in another thread, this program eats RAM memory.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 10:56:22 AM »
Yep, that is what I was trying to say, The system clock runs fine, then I start up TD and both the TD clock and the Windows clock slow down. I don't seem to be able to solve this issue, so your help is appreciated.

I don't know that I'm going to be able to help you.  I've never heard of an application being able to slow down the computer's clock (without intentionally adjusting the clock).  I'd say you've got a problem with your laptop.