Author Topic: Merging a players stats  (Read 1821 times)

sass

• View Profile
Merging a players stats
« on: October 28, 2008, 11:40:28 AM »
Hi everyone.

I recently had our game one of a newly formed poker league.  Everything went well using the TD2 with the exception of one mistake.

In our rules we have an allowance for re-buys up until round 8.  We had a player who I will call "Steve" bust out after round 4 and did not re buy immediately after re-buying.  Closer to the cut off however he decided to buy back in (something that I dont think I will allow in future games but we did this time).

The problem I had was that I could not re buy "Steve" back in because I had previously checked off the option to not rebuy when he busted out the first time.  As a result I created a new player called "Steve2" that I bought in.  Now I am stuck with 2 players stats and can't figure out a way to combine the 2.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Sass

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Merging a players stats
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 05:27:28 PM »
First, you can buy Steve back in at any time - the option to rebuy at the time of bust-out is only a convenience and allows the player to keep their current seat.  If you don't rebuy the player immediately, they will be busted out of the tournament and will be unseated.  When you do rebuy that player, you'll have to accept their new seating or manually move the player to their previous seat.

The rebuy conditions you've set on the Game tab may cause the software to warn you that you cannot rebuy (a) player(s), but you can override them when you rebuy.  If, for example, you've reached the maximum number of rebuys, or have already progressed beyond the final round in which rebuys are allowed, the software will alert you to this when you attempt to rebuy, but allow you to override the restrictions.

Fixing this is not hard, but the software won't give you precise control over the time the player rebought and subsequently busted out.  But that won't matter to overall statistics.

• Load the tournament, then go to the Players tab
  • Note the round in which Steve2 rebought, and the round and hitman of when Steve2 was busted-out
  • Remove Steve2 from the tournament
  • Press the Adjust Rankings button
  • Move Steve's bust-out to the appropriate location (for his FINAL bust-out), relative to other bust-outs
  • Press OK
  • Edit Steve (double-click him)
  • In the Tournament History section, right-click on the bust-out and select "Insert Rebuy"
  • Enter the appropriate rebuy information (including round number)
  • Press OK
  • Right-click on the new rebuy and select Insert Bust-out
  • Enter the appropriate bust-out information (round number and hitman)
  • Press OK
  • Press OK

It's a little difficult to visualize this in my head, so those instructions may not be precise, but if it's not perfect, you should be able to figure it out...

sass

• View Profile
Re: Merging a players stats
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 10:16:05 PM »
Thank you very much!