Author Topic: My Tournament Layout Problem  (Read 2414 times)

Viper

• View Profile
My Tournament Layout Problem
« on: December 09, 2010, 04:58:28 AM »
I have installed Beta 2.6.b4 and have come up with this problem. On the first install when I went to load my 3000K tournament and I was offered a choice to load the tournament with or without my layout and the tournament loaded AOK with my layout. Now for whatever reason I am not offered a choice and the tournament will only load the default layout. When I load my 15000K tournament I am offered a choice. If I select load tournament with my layout the tournament loads AOK. Without shutting down TD and I load the 3000K tournament the tournament will load with my layout.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 05:01:38 AM by Viper »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: My Tournament Layout Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 10:53:29 AM »
Version 2.6 separated tournaments and layouts.  They are now saved independently of each other.

However, in order to remain backwards compatible, the software recognizes when you load a tournament from an older version of the software (which will contain the layout as well), and asks you if you want to load just the tournament or both the tournament and the layout.

When you save a tournament with version 2.6, it only saves the tournament.

Since we're on the subject, I added a preference in the final 2.6 (not yet released) that allows you to specify if you want to save layouts as part of tournaments or not.  I've also added some text to the "success" dialog you see after loading a tournament that will let you know whether or not the saved tournament had a layout, and whether or not it was loaded.

Viper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 12:40:03 PM »
Corey here is a video on Youtube of what I am talking about. I am not being offered the option to load the tournament with the layout on my 3000K tournament. Both my 3,000K and 15,000K tournament were built in the older version that I saved and then placed in the folder. When I first installed the beta 2.6.B4 I was given a choice but something has happen to the option in selecting load tournament with layout when loading the 3,000K, I am not given this option anylonger.

In the video I will load the 3,000K tournament and will not be offered to select with layout although I could when I first installed 2.6.B4. I then will load the 15,000K with layout followed by reloadeding the 3,000K and the layout will load.

VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEgoQ5_clQ4
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 12:45:59 PM by Viper »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 01:00:37 PM »
Interesting.  Can you send me the 3000K tournament file?

Viper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 02:45:49 PM »
Interesting.  Can you send me the 3000K tournament file?

Corey I sent you the file....