Author Topic: Heads Up Assistance  (Read 1619 times)

acomire

• View Profile
Heads Up Assistance
« on: May 29, 2009, 02:02:30 PM »
Hi all.. I did some searching in this forum and really did not find a clear answer so i was hoping someone could help me.

I am running a 12 man heads-up tournament next weekend and wanted to do a round robin structure for the 1st level.  The best of 3 matches playing different people but each player would play 3 matches regardless of how many you won so you could be a spoiler for someone else.  After the 1st level is completed, then the rest of the matches would be single elimination.

I found a simple bracket format to use but I was hoping to run this all through TD.  I assume creating 6 tables of 2 but I am really unclear as to what to do for round robin part.  Do you just allow busted players to "rebuy" for their 2nd matchup?

Sorry if it's unclear but any suggestions on how to automate this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

AJC

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
Re: Heads Up Assistance
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 02:45:53 PM »
We just keep track of the brackets on a notepad for the heads up round robin part.

We do this as there are always varying numbers of players at our games. If you have a set 12, then it should be easy that way.
My League Website - Joomla Component for TD. Now available for Joomla 1.5, 1.7 & 2.5

acomire

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 07:57:33 AM »
John,

Thanks for your reply.  I was thinking along the same lines as your suggestions I was just hoping for another way.  I upload our tournament stats to statsgenie.com after every match and it would be great for everyone to see the details of the tournament when it's done. 

AJC

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 06:50:11 PM »
I suggest registering everyone in TD as normal.

Use a notepad for recording the results.

Do a full chip. Export for stats genie, then open the exported XML in notepad and make the according edits before uploading.

Cheers,

Johno
My League Website - Joomla Component for TD. Now available for Joomla 1.5, 1.7 & 2.5