Author Topic: The Royal Flush  (Read 5994 times)

Phaze

• View Profile
The Royal Flush
« on: October 28, 2007, 09:00:14 AM »
Just wanted to share a story I thought was pretty exciting. Earlier this week I'm playing in Hubble's freeroll tourny on Pokerstars and I caught my first Royal Flush ever. I was so excited I took a screenshot. Click here to view it
Didn't make too much off it but it was exciting to finally get the coveted royal flush!

And then, last night playing my saturday night home tourny, I was short stacked, went all in pre-flop with A Q of clubs, was called and got a 10c on flop, Kc on turn, and Jc on river to get runner runner runner royal freakin flush... two of them within a week... wow... just a wee bit excited LMAO.... oh yeah, and after that I got great momentum and ended second out of 17

lukechris

• View Profile
Re: The Royal Flush
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 01:07:17 PM »
LUCKY YOU!

I have only ever had one, i put in a big raise and everyone folded.

I was cryin. LOL

Luke
Luke, 2007

PTL

• View Profile
    • Poker League
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 09:25:02 AM »
Nice Phaze, I was lucky enough to get them once but not only was I lucky to get the Royal Flush but I got 2 other players to get boats.

My Hand As,Qs
Player 1 K,10
Player 2 J,J

Flop Ks,Js, 9h
Turn 10s,
River 10h

It was a nice payoff :)
The Best User Driven Poker Site, where you can find Poker Games in your area and get the latest Poker Strategy.

Jarmy

• Maybe poker's not your game.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 03:40:59 PM »
I flopped a Royal Flush in a small buyin tournament not long ago.  Luckily one of the 2 callers flopped a set of Queens and the other was on a flush draw.  However, the fourth heart hit on the river so the guy that flopped a set got away pretty easily and the one had low cards.  So, the pay off wasn't huge but it was still a pretty awesome feeling to be dealt the coveted hand!  ;D

FourAcesPoker

• Big Slick "The Hitman"
    • View Profile
    • Four Aces Poker
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 01:08:50 PM »
awesome! I hit a royal flush on WSOP 2007 (playstation2) and also got beat by a royal on the same game. Hit a 9-King straight flush on pokerstars.net once. Best in a live card game was Quad Queens (Q-7 in the hole) Q-5-K-Q-Q. The other guy (heads-up) had Pocket Kings. when i hit trips on the turn i went all-in and he flipped over the cowboys. one of the guys watching said the game was locked up unless i hit the 4th queen. When i hit it i almost literally passed out! unfortunately, i went on to lose the match a few hands later. I flopped quad 4s (three-handed in another tournament, this time i went on to win). I had K-4 offsuit and flopped 4-4-4! I checked, he bet i went over the top all-in. I told him if he called, he goes home. he called with ace high and he went home (turn and river were both blanks). anyway, those are my best hands. I am still waiting to hit a real royal flush or even a straight flush. I have chip bonuses to whoever hits either one. so far, no one has claimed it. The only one who has come close was my (now late) grandfather, he had Quad 9s.
Big Slick "The Hitman"
Certified Tournament Director
Tournament Directors Association
Four Aces Poker
"Can you beat Four Aces?"

Jarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 01:27:27 PM »
I had pocket Kings in a cash game and flopped K, K, A!  The drunk next to me goes all in before me and I nearly jumped out of my seat to call him.  To date....I have had a royal flush, a straight flush, quad kings and quad queens.  I only need quad aces for the cycle.  Not bad for my short holdem career (about 4 years).   ;D

badbeat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 01:28:39 PM »
I hit a royal flush a couple of weeks ago, I was holding the jack of spades when the king came on the river, someone watching said "who's got the royal then?" I went all in, but the only player left in the hand folded. I couldn't help but show it though! ;D  :P

Lewis4J

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 09:55:44 AM »
I hit one at a friends house after a BBQ.

We sat down for a game and about an hour in I was dealt Qc Tc. Everyone folded round to me and I was left with me in the cut off, the player on the button and the 2 blinds.

The player on the button put in the standard 3x raise (Blinds were 100/200). I felt that with Q T suited I might have the chance of a flush so weighed up the option of a call. The blinds folded back to me so I decided call was a good option.

The flop came: 8h 9d Kc

I checked and my opponent made a bet of 200. Easy option for me: CALL!!!

The turn came: Ac

This time I was beginning to consider I might be in for a flush nevermind a ROYAL FLUSH!!!!

I checked and my opponent hit out again with a 200 bet. This time I was beginnng to wonder if they had a pocket pair which might've connected. Possibly AA. But, deciding to see if I could fish one out I called again. (Surely though if you have trips you'd raise higher, but I guess she was trying to trap me and milk me for chips.)

The river came: Jc

The hand of my dreams had finally arrived. I know had completed having every 1 of the ranking hands!!!!

I was hoping I wasn't doing the "Riverdance" under table. I was certainly shaking inside!!!!!

Time for the trap! I checked round to my opponent who duly obliged by going all-in. You just couldn't have it any better. I called (as you do) to see her turn over 9c 9s giving her the trip 9's. I sighed as if beaten and as she went for the chips I turned over my Royal Flush :D

However, after my moment of glory I was knocked out 3 hands later while holding AA. Typical!!!

Jarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 10:07:11 AM »
Congrats!  Welcome to the club!!!   ;D

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 08:45:43 PM »
OMG I laughed at you! Great story, Lewis! WTG