Author Topic: Levels configuration + Rebuys/Add-ons  (Read 2030 times)

nemo

• View Profile
Levels configuration + Rebuys/Add-ons
« on: August 18, 2006, 10:07:45 AM »
Hi,

I just have 2 questions on this software :

- how can I set up levels not in time but in hands played ? I would like levels to increase after all the participants have 1 time the BB to pay for example.

- I would like to allow participants to have either 1 rebuy or 1 add-on if they did not use the rebuy. And this before the 1st break, then they would be able to have rebuy or add-ons. How could I do that please ?

Thanks a lot for your advices  :)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Levels configuration + Rebuys/Add-ons
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 12:59:40 PM »
The levels advance based on time.  If you wish to advance them some other way, simply manually advance them (Ctrl+N by default).  You can pause the clock, or set the time on each level to some very large amount so they have no hope of actually advancing due to time before you advance them manually.

You can restrict the number of rebuys and add-ons that a player can purchase, but there isn't a way to restrict a player to either 1 or the other.  However, in version 2.2 (in beta test right now), the dialogs in which you purchase rebuys and add-ons display the number of rebuys and add-ons purchased by each player, making it at least a little easier to know whether or not a particular player is eligible to purchase a rebuy/add-on.

nemo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 03:26:06 AM »
Thanks for these information. But it could be great (for me AND other people) to include these 2 functionalities in your next version....

Bull

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 06:22:39 PM »
I agree with possibly having the ability to not allow addon after a rebuy has been done per player, but no big deal.  As far as the advancing after x number of hands, that would have to be done manually anyway unless you setup some high tech monitoring system so the program knows its hand number 9 and or that person is big blind again. I think that is in our future maybe 20 years? You'd have to enter each hand in manually anyway, so i think the manual round advance Corey spoke of sounds like the answer to that problem.   

Thanks for all you do Corey!