Author Topic: Ranking for Seasons  (Read 3121 times)

Blade69

• View Profile
Ranking for Seasons
« on: April 21, 2010, 08:13:10 AM »
Hello together,
i want to start a new Season. In the "stats" i gave a name for the Filter and for the Tournament Season. In the Tournament Scoring i use " sqrt(prizepool / n) * (n / r + 1) ". It works when i test the formular. In overall Score i use " average (scores)". When i do a test Tournament i only get Overall Score Points but no Tournament Points. In this Season i do 4 diffrent Tournaments. By the way, i only need the tournament points cz i dont want to give extra Overall Points. What did i wrong? Why i dont get the points?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Ranking for Seasons
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 04:49:09 PM »
The Tournament Scoring formula you use

sqrt(prizepool / n) * (n / r + 1)

will create a Tournament Score for each player, for each tournament.  The Overall Score formula

average (scores)

will average those values to arrive at a final Overall Score.  You won't see the Tournament Score values for each tournament.  You will only see the Overall Score, because the listing on the Stats tab is of players and the values created by computing statistics overall a set of tournaments.  It doesn't show values for any individual tournament - only cumulative values for all tournaments that passed the Filter.  You can see values for each tournament, if you want, by pressing the "View" button, switching to Single Field View mode, and selecting the "Score" value.

Of course I could be misunderstanding your question completely.

Blade69

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 07:56:52 PM »
Hello Corey,
thank u for ur answer. I Know i cant see the points for every single tournament. But when i start a season and play the first game i should see at the end of the game the points for each player. If i start a second game i should see at the end the complete points of both tournaments. Right? In my season the points for the tournament shows 0 and i only get points at the overall score.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 09:45:59 PM »
Blade, what I do to view the points for every tourney is to export each tourney to a file (I print it to a file, and view it with xps viewer, w/win7), and in there, I can see who got how many points. However, I have predetermined points based upon a bracket amount of players, so I don't know if that would work for you, although I personally think it should.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Blade69

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 04:10:18 AM »
Hello Magic fubu,
thank u for this tip. I know how i can view the points. The problem i have are, the points for my tournament are "0". The Program dont show me any Points. Only the Points for the overall Score. If i test the formular it shows the points for every place and player. But in the stats the points r "0".

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 11:11:26 AM »
Points and Score are not the same.

Points are a value you award to players during the tournament.  They can be awarded by setting values on the Game tab, such as "Points for buy-in", "Points for rebuy", and "Points for hit".  You can also set the "Points for Playing" formula to award points using a formula.

Because you award points during the tournament, you can have different methods for awarding points for each tournament.  For example, in your first tournament you may only set the "Points for hit" to 1, and thus players will get 1 point for each player they bust out of the tournament.  In your second tournament, you may set your "Points for Playing" formula to "n-r+1", which gives points based on your final rank in the tournament.

When you run Stats, you can use the Tournament Score formula in exactly the same way as Points for Playing.  The major difference is that there is only one Tournament Score formula, so it will be the same for each tournament (versus the Points for Playing formula which can be unique to each tournament).

The Overall Score formula provides a way for you to combine the Tournament Score values to arrive at a final "score" for each player.

So, the "Points" column you see on the Stats tab is the sum of the points for each tournament the player participated in.  It technically doesn't have anything to do with Overall Score.  Is this where you are seeing "0" points?

Blade69

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 05:37:19 PM »
" So, the "Points" column you see on the Stats tab is the sum of the points for each tournament the player participated in.  It technically doesn't have anything to do with Overall Score.  Is this where you are seeing "0" points? "

Yes. in the "points" colum on the Stats tab the points r "0". Thats exactly my Problem. The TD dont give any "Points" for playing. I only get points in the "overall" colum.
Thats how it looks
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 07:15:36 PM by Blade69 »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 08:49:04 PM »
And you're saying that for at least one of those 4 tournaments that passed your filter, you can see that more or more players have Points listed on the Players tab?

Blade69

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 02:49:08 AM »
No, there r no Points for the Players. I donīt know why. For any reason TD didnt give the points for the players

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 11:43:08 AM »
The Points column you see on the Stats tab is the sum of the points for each player, for each tournament that passed your stats filter.  If that column is filled with zeros, then there were no points awarded to players in those tournaments, and the problem doesn't lie with the Stats.  You need to open one of the tournaments and see why the players were not awarded any points.  As I mentioned before, points can be awarded by setting values on the Game tab, such as "Points for buy-in", "Points for rebuy", and "Points for hit".  You can also set the "Points for Playing" formula to award points using a formula.

Blade69

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 06:24:49 PM »
I know what u mean, but why i get points at the "overall score" and 0 for the points? i use the formula in the stats for the tournament points and for the overall score.But i only get points at the overall score. Wheres the problem?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 07:44:30 PM »
I know what u mean, but why i get points at the "overall score" and 0 for the points? i use the formula in the stats for the tournament points and for the overall score.But i only get points at the overall score. Wheres the problem?

No, you're not using the "formula in the stats for the tournament points".  The formula is called Tournament Score, and it produces a Score, not Points, as I explained earlier.  To repeat:

Points and Score are not the same.

Points are a value you award to players during the tournament.  They can be awarded by setting values on the Game tab, such as "Points for buy-in", "Points for rebuy", and "Points for hit".  You can also set the "Points for Playing" formula to award points using a formula.

Because you award points during the tournament, you can have different methods for awarding points for each tournament.  For example, in your first tournament you may only set the "Points for hit" to 1, and thus players will get 1 point for each player they bust out of the tournament.  In your second tournament, you may set your "Points for Playing" formula to "n-r+1", which gives points based on your final rank in the tournament.

When you run Stats, you can use the Tournament Score formula in exactly the same way as Points for Playing.  The major difference is that there is only one Tournament Score formula, so it will be the same for each tournament (versus the Points for Playing formula which can be unique to each tournament).

The Overall Score formula provides a way for you to combine the Tournament Score values to arrive at a final "score" for each player.

So, the "Points" column you see on the Stats tab is the sum of the points for each tournament the player participated in.  It technically doesn't have anything to do with Overall Score.  Is this where you are seeing "0" points?

If you want to see what value the Tournament Score formula is creating for each player, for each tournament, on the Stats tab press the View button.  Select Single Field View, and then select the Score column.

Blade69

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 05:52:44 AM »
If you want to see what value the Tournament Score formula is creating for each player, for each tournament, on the Stats tab press the View button.  Select Single Field View, and then select the Score column.

Ok, thank u. I found it. Now i have the score for every single tournament. What i need now is a way to get the totaly sum of every Tournament. (for example: Tournament 1,Player 1 =Score 150 , Tournament 2 Player 1 =Score 145 = totaly Score 295) I hope i explaine it well. So how can i get a totaly sum for each Player for all Tournaments he played. I need it for a ranking List for a Season. The best 5 Players get a prize.

Blade69

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 06:01:27 AM »
I think i found it. The formula is "sum(scores) in the Overall Ranking.
Thank u very much for ur help

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 08:58:56 AM »
Glad we got it worked out.