Author Topic: Rules  (Read 2581 times)

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
Rules
« on: February 04, 2007, 05:10:32 AM »
Just a quickie, I have gone through Roberts rules but still cant find a clear answer, can anybody help ?.

If a player cant make the big blind, IE small blind = 5000, big blind = 10000. but the player at big blind is all in for 7500.
what is the next players bet ?. Must he make up the bet to 10000 or does he call the 7500 ?.

Cheers macacan.

http://www.chorleypokerleague.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

dik9

• View Profile
Re: Rules
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 01:01:49 PM »
The original Big Blind (10,000) is what all players must call to remain in the pot, making a side pot of 2500 x amount of players. Hope that helps,

http://www.ukpokerinfo.co.uk/index.php?category=9

« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 01:05:45 PM by dik9 »

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 01:14:22 PM »
yep, thanks for that, i lost my bet ,lol :'(

dik9

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 06:50:19 PM »
Sorry ;D

PPPanimal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 05:33:18 AM »
One further note on this, after the flop, if a player goes all-in, but can't make a full bet, i.e. the size of the big blind, the next player only has to match his all-in bet, not the big blind/full size bet.

Here is a note on all-in before the flop.

What happens when a player can't cover a blind? (All-in on a Blind)
If a player in the big blind position does not have enough chips to post a full big blind, he must go all-in with all his remaining chips. Even though this all-in bet is less than the full big blind, the 'bring-in' (minimum bet) is not lowered for the other players. If the blinds are 100-200 and the big blind goes all-in with 125 chips - the other players must still post 200 to remain in the pot. The 'bring-in' remains at 200 and the small blind must post 100 additional chips to call (assuming no raises). The big blind player all-in for 125 may only win 125 from each other player in the hand, he cannot win the full 200 big blind from each player.

An example: Assume the blinds are 200-400. The small blind posts 200 but the big blind posts only 150 (all-in) instead of 400. The remaining players must call the normal big blind bet of 400 to remain in the pot. The bring-in (opening bet) is not lowered to 150. The small blind must add an additional 200 to the pot to stay in the hand (assuming no raises). The big blind (all-in) player may only win as many chips as he bet (150) from each opposing player. A twist to this example is that if one player calls the 400 big blind and then the small blind folds, the player who called is refunded 300 from the pot instead of 250. He receives 250 to make his bet equal to the big blind all-in bet of 150 and he also receives 50 of the 200 bet that the small blind posted. The pot is now 450 (150 x 3 players).

dik9

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 08:34:06 PM »
One further note on this, after the flop, if a player goes all-in, but can't make a full bet, i.e. the size of the big blind, the next player only has to match his all-in bet, not the big blind/full size bet.

Not where I play?

If the BB or the minimum betting unit is 100 for example, a 50 % rule comes into force. If the player going all-in has only 25 points then everyone must call 25 and anyone can raise as long as they haven't already acted. If the all-in player bets 75, then everyone must call 100 creating a side pot and re opening the betting for any previous action. Depends which rules you play, i suppose?

hawklight

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 12:11:40 PM »
I think the confusion here is between an under-call and an under-raise as both situations whilst similar are different.

If a player goes all-in by calling the previous bet (but cannot make the full call), then the other players carry on as if the call was a full call and a side pot generated for all players that called fully (this side pot will contain the number of chips that exceeded the under call x each fully calling player). Betting then carries on normally from that point with chips going into the side pot. For example - blinds 100 and 200 with 5 players - Position 1 calls 200, Position 2 under-calls all-in 100 - the remaining players must still call 200 (or can raise if they have not acted yet). Assuming they all call and the blinds complete and check, then the main pot will be 500 and the side pot 500.

However, if a player raises but they do not have enough chips to make the minimum raise (i.e. under-raise), then a call only needs to be whatever the raise managed to be. However if a player who has not acted yet can raise, but their raise must still be at least the minimum raise amount. Players then must call that value. Those that have already called the under-raised amount then also need to complete to stay in the hand. After that betting round completes a side pot of the excess chips from each player over the under-raise is made. If nobody re-raised after the under-raise then they just match the under-raised amount and the next round of betting goes straigght into a side pot.