Author Topic: Blind Change Sounds  (Read 14746 times)

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Blind Change Sounds
« on: June 06, 2009, 08:02:34 PM »
Hi there was wandering if it is possible to attach a different sound file to each blind level?  I have sound files for each blind level increase (ie verbally anoucing the new blind level) but dont know how or if I can attach these to the TD software?
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile

jocmaxima

• View Profile
Re: Blind Change Sounds
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 10:30:02 PM »
hi guys im new to this program and i want to ad sound at the end of each round how can i do that.i'm not good with this stuff.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 09:12:50 AM »
Create a new event (from scratch).  Select the trigger "A level ends".  Set the Conditions to:

roundNum = 1

This will make the event fire at the end of round 1.  Add an action that plays your audio file.

Repeat for each round, changing "1" to the round number and adding a different audio file action.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 09:56:17 AM »

If you want a play a sound (the same sound) at the end of every round, it's easy.  First thing to do is make sure you have added the sound (press the New Sound button, give the sound a name, and locate the actual audio file):

• Press the New Event button
  • Select "Choose a pre-defined event", then select "Level end" from the list of pre-defined events; press OK
  • The New Event dialog opens.  In the Actions section, you will see one action already defined ("Play sound: final").  Edit that action by double-clicking it
  • In the "Play sound" selection, select your sound.  Press OK.  Press OK
  • You will get a warning that says you have not selected any conditions.  Press Yes

If you want to play a different sound at the end of each round, there are 2 ways to go about this.  One is much simpler, while the other is a little more foolproof.

First (simpler) method:

• Follow the instructions above, but don't press the final OK button to close the dialog yet
  • Add a new action for each sound.  Add them in the correct order (the sound you want to play at the end of the first round should be first in the list, the sound you want to play at the end of the second round should be second, etc)
  • Press the Action Settings button
  • In the Sounds section, select "Play the next sound in order"
  • Press OK, press OK

The only drawback to this method is that if for any reason you have to manually move ahead or back in the rounds schedule, they won't be sync'ed properly to the corresponding rounds anymore.  To fix this, you'd need to edit the event and uncheck (or check) the "Performed" box next to the appropriate actions.  For example, if it is currently round 5 and you edit the event, the "Performed" checkbox should be checked for actions 1 through 4, because the event has fired 4 times so far (at the end of levels 1, 2, 3, and 4).  So it will perform action 5 next time the event is triggered.  If you skip ahead to round 6, you'll need to check the box next to the 5th action, so when the event is triggered at the end of round 6, it performs the 6th action (plays the 6th sound).  Likewise, if you go back to round 4, you'll want to uncheck the box next to the 4th action.

Second method:

• Follow the first set of instructions above, but don't press the final OK button to close the dialog yet
  • In the Conditions section, enter:

roundNum = 1

• Press OK
  • Repeat steps again.  When you add your action, set the action to play the sound for the end of your 2nd round

roundNum = 2

• Press OK
  • Repeat steps again.  When you add your action, set the action to play the sound for the end of your 3rd round

roundNum = 3

• Press OK
  • Continue for the rest of your rounds

The benefit to this method is that skipping around in the rounds schedule won't have any effect.  The events will be properly triggered at the end of their corresponding rounds.  The drawback is that it's a pain to setup.  But once you've set it up, save it as a template and you're done.

pauljay67

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 07:54:12 AM »
Sorry to open an old topic but really need help with this one!!

i have followed the instructions above but i cannot get 2 sounds to play in order at the end of the round

the actions show and are in order but it will not play both sounds one after the other

any help??

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 09:56:28 AM »
Pauljay  go to events tab click new event click choose a pre-defined event click level end warning set time,

pauljay67

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 10:13:55 AM »
Thats a little brief in explaning

i have tried to add two event to the level end with actions being 2 sound files one after the other like corey suggests

i have also tried editing the level end warning and level end telling it to play seperate sounds
but it loops the sound because of the formulae in the time countdown

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 10:34:42 AM »
have u tried making 2 events 1 with 1 sound then 1 with the other sound, i dont use the count down so that new to me

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 11:27:06 AM »
paul

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve perhaps we could ask for some clarification

For example, the banjo sounds at 5secs before level end and when the new level commences the TD plays the new blind level on my software.

Is this along the lines of what you are trying to achieve?

I can certainly e-mail you the events files I have and you can copy them to match your needs if that helps?

stuart@murray05.orangehome.co.uk

Regards
Stuart
Stuart Murray

pauljay67

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 12:13:08 PM »
thnx Stu

think i got it sussed now....end of round gives "the blinds are up" sound and new round gives the values sound

there is a slight pause inbetween them but its going  in the right direction

any other help on this would be appreciated

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 12:47:34 PM »
You can add multiple actions to an Event, but multiple actions of the same TYPE will not all be carried out.  In other words, you can add an action that plays a sound, one that displays a message, and one that pauses the clock.  When the event is triggered, all of those actions will happen at once.  But, if you have two actions that play a sound, or two actions that display a message, only one of each of those types will be carried out.  That is, only one sound will play and only one message will be displayed.

The point of adding more than one sound is to have the TD pick a different sound each time the event is triggered.  You can have the TD simply play the next sound "in rotation", or pick one at random.  These are options in the Action Settings of the event.

If you want to have the TD play one sound followed immediately by another, you'll need to create a single audio file out of both of those sounds.  You can use something like Audacity to do this: http://audacity.sourceforge.net

pauljay67

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 08:31:38 PM »
Nice one Corey...knew you would come back with a rel;evant explanation as to why i was racking my brains...lol

every other page is so full of options maybe in the future TD event could be managed with single clicks to set end round and start round sounds!!

for instance.....i know how many rounds i have over 3 hours...i know what tgeh blinds are......and i click the "add sound" to "round start" button and vwalla(vwalla spelt completlty wroing as i'm drunk now after 5 hours of poker and winning the league game and 30 bucks casholoa...wooop woooop

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 10:48:43 AM »
I agree.  I have an item on the to-do list to make event creation more like a wizard control.  I will get to it one of these days.

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 03:32:10 PM »
So, how do I prevent event triggering at beginning of break which is supposed to be for start of round following break? Oh, it also triggers again following the break?
If it ain't naked, deep-fried or poker-related, I ain't interested!