Author Topic: deleted player  (Read 3894 times)

AJ

• View Profile
deleted player
« on: February 28, 2007, 09:25:46 AM »
Hi -

I held a tourney a few weeks ago and I have not posted the results due to a major screw up....  During the tournament a player was busted out in TD but he never did bust out.  In fact, he came in 2nd.  According to TD, he was busting out during the 5th round of blinds.  The person in my saved tournament who came in 2nd should be in 3rd and the person in 3rd should be in 4th and so on.....

Is there a way to fix this at all?  Like I said, I haven't posted the results to StatsGenie due to this.

Thanks in advance for any assistance...

AJ

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: deleted player
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 09:58:06 AM »
Settings Page, Players tab, Adjust Rankings button

AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 10:22:26 AM »
Corey -

Thanks for the response.  Usually I import the tournament summary as well so people can see how they did.  Is there a way to do that as well?

AJ

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 12:31:46 PM »
There is a way to EXport the tournament summary, if that's what you mean.  Settings page, Game tab, Export button.

AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 09:40:25 AM »
Sort of.  After I change the players rankings to reflect the mistakenly busted player as placing 2nd, the summary still has him as busted out.  So when I import the tournament into StatsGenie, the summary is incorrect although the final results and payout is correct.

I hope I explained that correctly

AJ

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 10:56:41 AM »
Uhm, didn't he bust out of the tournament?  Isn't that how he achieved 2nd place?

AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 11:31:06 AM »
Corey, not to be a jerk but please take a look at my original post.

We had a major mistake as a player was busted out of the tournament by mistake and it wasn't noticed until the last 4 people were at the final table.  He ended up taking 2nd place.  By me moving the player in the rankings section took care of the correct payout info but the tournament summary is all out of whack.  When I exported the tournament to HTML, I was able to make the necessary HTML changes to reflect the correct summary.  I post those to our web site and that part is fine.  But when I export the tournament to the StatsGenie, the player still shows as busted out in the summary section. 

Can the saved file be modified prior to the import to StatsGenie so that it reflects the correct info?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 11:54:23 AM »
I'm not trying to be a jerk either, I just don't understand.  How did your player not bust out yet did not finish in 1st place?

I only see three possibilities: (1) a player busts out and is ranked 2nd, 3rd, 4th, ..., 10th, ..., etc.; (2) a player never busts out and is therefore the winner (ie 1st place); and (3) the final 2 players (or 3 or 4 or however many) decide to chop.  In this case, the players may tie, or may be ranked according to chip count or some other factor.  However, when you perform a chop in the TD, those players are busted out at the same time, indicating they chop.  This is the only way in which a tournament may have every player busted out.

Therefore, from the TD point of view, only 1 player can remain not busted out in a tournament, and that player will be ranked 1st place.

Are you referring to the "Action Summary" on the Summary tab?  Because this summary is derived from the players' buy-ins and bust-outs, so if you modified them using the Adjust Rankings dialog, then that summary will be updated as well (as a matter of fact, that summary is regenerated every time you visit the Summary tab).  The only thing I can think of here, after having just attempted what I think you described, is that somehow the final bust-out was listed after the tournament was over (shouldn't be possible - I'll have to look into that), but going back to the Adjust Rankings dialog I simply manually adjusted the 2nd place player's bust-out time, moving it back a few seconds, and the Action Summary righted itself.

AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 12:55:35 PM »
He never busted out at all.  One of the table facilitators hit X and clicked his name by mistake instead of the actual guy who busted out.

When he finally busted out for real, he took 2nd.

And yes I am speaking about the action summary.  In the action summary, after changing the rankings, the places & payouts are correct but it still lists him as busting out early in the tournament.

Thanks for helping me with this...

AJ

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 01:09:30 PM »
Ok, we're confusing things with semantics.  When you said "He never busted out at all", you meant that with respect to the first, incorrectly made bust-out.  He DID in fact bust out, just later in the tournament.

This is important, because when you "Adjust Rankings", you are actually adjusting the time(s) at which player(s) bust out of the tournament.  A player isn't [strictly speaking] assigned a ranking when they bust out.  Any time some sort of action occurs, the entire tournament is re-evaluated and rankings are assigned based on bust-out times.  When you "moved" this player to a 2nd place finish in the Adjust Rankings dialog, what you really did was change the time of his bust-out, placing it after the last bust-out occurred (3rd place), and before the tournament ended.

To be honest, I'm confused as to how he could properly be assigned a 2nd place prize, yet show up as busting out "early in the tournament".  Email me your tournament file (support@thetournamentdirector.net) and details about the player and I'll look into it.

AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 01:18:48 PM »
Thanks, Corey.  You're exactly right.  I am messing up terms.  He was busted out of TD incorrectly early in the tournament but eventually did bust out for real and took 2nd place.

I'll sending it over to you now

Thanks

AJ

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 02:51:44 PM »
To follow-up, AJ found a minor bug in the Adjust Rankings dialog.  When he moved the player who should have busted out last (2nd place) to the 2nd place position, the dialog change the player's bust-out time to just after the tournament ended, when it should have moved it to just before the tournament ended.  As he noted, the rankings were correct and prizes were awarded correctly, but it had a side-effect in the Action Summary on the Summary tab.  I'll fix this in the next release.

Pinguaq

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 09:49:03 AM »
I just wanted to say wow....

I've only ran 1 tourney and have not had any problems yet - I'm sure I will soon enough. After reading through this thread (as with many others threads) I just wanted to say: Cory, not only did you create a great app that you are practically giving away, but you provide some of the best customer/user support I have ever seen. By sticking with AJ until you could figure out what he was trying to say is a feat on it's own, and the fact it resulted in you finding a bug is just too cool.