Author Topic: 2.6.b5 Potential Bug with Stats  (Read 4245 times)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
2.6.b5 Potential Bug with Stats
« on: June 11, 2011, 07:27:00 PM »
Hey Corey,

Not too sure if it's something I'm doing or not, but I've tried a few times to make it right. We just ended a season, and I moved the files for my tournaments from <C:\Users\Mike\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\saves> to <C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\TD Archive Folder>

I've updated the filter for it to search only in the new location, to include scanning of the sub-folders, but all it does is find the five tournaments from the first location. Just so we're all on the same page (hopefully), here's the steps that I did.

• Moved the files from the data\saves folder to the archive folder
  • Went to the stats tab and clicked on edit profiles.
  • Clicked on Winter2011 (since that was what I named the season in TD).
  • From the 'sources' section, clicked on edit, removed the original source, and added the new location, ensuring sub-folders was checked.
  • Clicked OK until I got back to the stats tab, and refreshed the tabs. Seen the screen where it says 'Found 5 tournament files'

Is there some simple step that I'm missing?
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

TIMMER

• View Profile
Re: 2.6.b5 Potential Bug with Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 10:33:33 AM »
stats tab, edit profiles, ( Only select tournaments from these season: ) click edit..  put a check in the box Tournament w

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 10:46:35 AM »
Update:

After being frustrated yesterday, I came back to this today. Timmer, I couldn't quite make sense of what you were saying (perhaps I need to wake up more? ???). I went back to the Stats tab, and looked at the source - it went back to the default location! So, I went back to change it, went to a different tab, came back, and still showing as the default location. Click on edit, and it shows the new location. Click on refresh stats, only takes from the new one.... Pretty sure now that this is in fact a bug.
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 11:18:52 AM »
ok the stats tab, click edit profiles,   Filter ( Only select tournaments from these seasons: ) (second one down) click edit....it says  Seasons..put a check in  (Tournaments w  ) ....mine is the first one on that list     Are wouldnt filter at all until i check that box
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 11:24:03 AM by TIMMER »

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 11:32:23 AM »
Here's what it shows for the filter: Tournaments: any league setting; Seasons: any season setting; league: any league setting.

The filter isn't the problem - it's filtering fine for me. The issue is the source that it's trying to pull from. The source says Folder & sub-folders: C:\users\mike\documents\the tournament director 2\data saves

It should be (and I've swapped via edit numerous times to): Folder & sub-folders: C:\users\mike\desktop\td archive folder.

I've tried it with the archive as the only location that it shows via the edit, and I've tried it where I've left both the default and new location. But, no matter what I do, it only looks for the files in the default location. While it's not entirely important, It should still be able to look in multiple locations, according to what I see, and not just the default location that I'm currently experiencing.
---

GreenTurtle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 12:58:33 AM »
I think I had exactly the same issue in Stats and Corey confirmed it to be a bug, http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=2738.msg13272#msg13272

We resolved this in email, but to let everyone know this is definitely a bug.  It only affects preferences that were upgraded from a previous beta of 2.6, and only Stats Profiles that had the "Use Default Sources" checkbox checked.  If this affects anyone, send me an email and I can resolve it for you.  Thanks GT!

Edit: To follow up on this, in beta 5 I changed the Stats Profiles, removing the "Default Source".  This was a common place to configure where the profiles looked for your tournament files, which was supposed to save time if you had multiple profiles that all looked in the same place to find tournaments.  In the end I found it was more confusing than time saving, so I removed it.  But when something like that is removed, I usually have to add code to "fix" the preferences for those who used that version of the software.  The "fix" should only happen once, but the software is "fixing" the preferences every time the software is started.  That's the bug.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 01:01:42 AM by GreenTurtle »

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 10:06:06 AM »
Green Turtle,

Thanks very much - I didn't remember it being posted, but this is exactly what's been going on for me!  I'll definitely PM Corey and let him know that I need the fix as well.
---

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 02:28:47 PM »
Thanks Green Turtle for finding that.  I've just read over the topic and it did NOT ring any bells, but you nailed it I believe.  Magic_fubu: send me your preferences file and I'll fix it.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 05:11:19 PM »
As far as I'm aware of, it seems like he's hit the nail on the head. Just sent out the email with the file.

Thanks again Corey!
---

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 08:44:25 PM »
Update: Corey wiorked with me, did a quick fix, and seems to have resolved the issues that I've been having.  Thanks very much Green Turtle for providing the link for Corey and I to remember that this was an issue already!
---

GreenTurtle

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 12:24:58 AM »
No problems. Happy to be able to help you.