Author Topic: Database Synch?  (Read 1160 times)

dniezby

• View Profile
Database Synch?
« on: August 02, 2009, 12:41:12 PM »
I'm trying to develop a protocal for managing multiple event locations so that the data is kept in synch.  Any thoughts?

For example: Monday there is a tournament at X Venue.  Regular players show up and play plus several new members.  Tuesday, we're at Y Venue and regulars show up, along with players from venue X plus new players.

What would you say is the best way to keep this data in synch?

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
Re: Database Synch?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 07:28:26 PM »
I would suggest exporting the players and importing them into your other venues db.

This would mean keeping your records in a place that is accessible to both.

If you use Joomla I have a solution for this. We run at 2 venues and can export the players and import them elsewhere. Although currently we just take the laptop to the 2nd venue but technically we wouldn't need to if I had a 2nd one setup.

We also record the results and let the website track leaderboard points etc. I'm not sure how you would go exporting all of this that is done within TD.
My League Website - Joomla Component for TD. Now available for Joomla 1.5, 1.7 & 2.5

dniezby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 11:49:03 PM »
I do use Joomla.  What is your solution with that?

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 12:35:21 AM »
I created a component that allows importing of XML exported files and it tallies the points etc

One feature I added was the exporting of players, it exports in the format required to be imported into TD.

There is a new version coming out soon that currently being tested, you can see the live demo on my league site. Or visit www.lethalmedia.com.au

It doesn't sync the TD database as such, but its a method of having your player databse available in multiple locations.
My League Website - Joomla Component for TD. Now available for Joomla 1.5, 1.7 & 2.5