Author Topic: Challenge with my 'save' file  (Read 2213 times)

Bob Moore

• View Profile
Challenge with my 'save' file
« on: June 14, 2006, 03:02:23 AM »
I have been saving my tournaments to both my jump drive and 'save' file. Ive noticed that in order to refresh tournaments in the stats feature they first need to be in the 'save' file. Everything has been going swimmingly until......my boss tryed out thr program overnight!!!  Now when i try to 'save as....' to the 'save' file it tells me to insert a disk into drive D. I looked at a couple trashed tourneys in the recycle bin and noticed that they were on my C drive and not my D drive.  WHAT THE..?
Any clues as to what happened and, better yet, how to fix this very aggrevating issue. ???
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 11:28:58 AM by Bob Moore »

TimDugan

• View Profile
    • The Oregon Poker Tour
Re: Challenge with my 'save' file
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 09:51:18 AM »
Well, here's just a random guess, but under the "Preference" tab, what's listed as your Tournament File Location?  It's the option at the bottom of the screen.

Bob Moore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 12:08:32 PM »
<TDFolder>\saves...if i right click on it it reads...C:\Program Files\The Tournament Director 2\Saves
I noticed that if i try to open my saves file i get this...Problem with Shortcut... The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'saves.lnk' refers to is uavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and try again.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 01:01:17 PM by Bob Moore »

TimDugan

• View Profile
    • The Oregon Poker Tour
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 10:06:21 PM »
So odd . . . how about the tournament that loads from the start?  Do you have one or is it blank?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 10:41:20 AM »
<TDFolder>\saves...if i right click on it it reads...C:\Program Files\The Tournament Director 2\Saves
I noticed that if i try to open my saves file i get this...Problem with Shortcut... The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'saves.lnk' refers to is uavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and try again.

You keep referring to it as your saves file.  And the error message you quoted mentions a saves.lnk file.  Have you created a shortcut (on your Desktop, for example) that points to your Tournament Director saves folder?  If so, right-click on it and select Properties.  Select the Shortcut tab and see what is in the Target field.