Author Topic: Seating Chart Change Column Names  (Read 1055 times)

curliem

• View Profile
Seating Chart Change Column Names
« on: August 19, 2009, 06:49:19 PM »
Hi together,

I would like to change the header words "Player" and "Seat" into the german words as well as "table" and "seat" which appears for every player at the list format of the seating chart.

Hope somebody can help me.

Thank you

mikkelkk

• View Profile
Re: Seating Chart Change Column Names
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 01:48:11 AM »
Hi Curliem,

I have actually just looked at this myself and what you need to do is to modify the "properties file" found in the "lang"-folder in your Tournament Director installation folder (mine is located in the following path: C:local disk\programmer\Tournament director\lang\eng-us

The file is called messages.seatingchart.properties and you can modify it using Notepad.

Change it into whatever words you need for table, player and seat, fx.

# The Tournament Director
# Copyright (c) 2004 - 2009 Corey Cooper

# Game Window, Seating Chart Screen

SeatingChart.Context.AutoScroll=Auto Scroll Seating Chart
SeatingChart.Context.DontAutoScroll=Don't Auto Scroll Seating Chart
SeatingChart.Context.Properties=Seating Chart Properties

SeatingChart.Column.Player=Spieler
SeatingChart.Column.Seat=Platz

# {1} = table name, {2} = seat number
SeatingChart.TableAndSeat={1} Platz {2}

I advice you to make a backup of the original beforing saving the new version. You also need to restart TD before the changes take effect. And also make sure you name your table fx."Tisch 1" when creating the table ;-)

I am no expert, but this worked for me;-)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Seating Chart Change Column Names
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 09:23:11 AM »
What mikkelkk posted certainly works, but you can create your own "language", too.  In the "lang" folder, copy the "en-us" folder and change the name to whatever you like.  In that copy, edit the "description" file and give your "language" a different name.  It will now show up in the list of available languages when you press the "Language" button on the Preferences tab.  Make your changes there and they won't be overwritten if you update the software in the future.