Author Topic: Moving TD from one computer to another.  (Read 988 times)

C-Pr0mpt

• View Profile
Moving TD from one computer to another.
« on: January 29, 2011, 10:32:42 AM »
I currently hold all of my poker games in my basement/rec room.  I have a very old crap computer down there that I've used for running tournament software. We switched to TD this year and found out pretty quick the old computer is not suitable for TD.  It skips around and has a lot of lag.  So I'm going to put TD on my laptop instead.

We've already run a tournament on the crappy computer.  So my question is, how and what do I need to backup and move to the laptop so I don't lose the tournament we've already run?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Moving TD from one computer to another.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 11:20:10 AM »
There's a couple of ways you could accomplish this: One is to back up the database, layouts, etc from each tab. Since you're wanting to go to a different computer, you'll want to back it up to a flash drive.

Another option is to go to the C:\Users\<Your Log in Name>\Documents and copy (or move, won't matter since you're seemingly not going to use the old one) "The Tournament Director 2" folder to the flash drive. In either case, you'll want to paste it on the new computer to the same location. You'll have to download the program agaiin from the main site, but you can put in your information again.

On the new computer, you may need to redo your preferences - if you do the second route, you shouldn't need to, but may need to not as much.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile