Author Topic: The Button  (Read 1697 times)

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
The Button
« on: November 20, 2011, 08:25:24 AM »
Just a thought, probably impractical.
I know that you can set the dealer button automatically on the tables tab. In live play the average orbit time in most games is approx 20 minutes which gives an average of hands played per hour as 30 (2 minutes per hand).
Would their be a way to get the button to move 1 spot every two minutes and so give an approximate position of where the button would be at any given time.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Button
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 10:32:16 AM »
I don't see why not.  But I don't know how valuable of a feature it would be in general (that is, to the software's audience as a whole).  But I'll put it on the to-do list...

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 10:43:31 AM »
I know I would be appreciative - although I would still ask where the button is when making movements, it should at least give me an idea of where it might be :)
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 12:01:27 PM »
I know I would be appreciative - although I would still ask where the button is when making movements, it should at least give me an idea of where it might be :)

thats it basically, to give some idea of where the button is.
cheers

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 01:08:47 PM »
Using a bit of logic, I see very little advantage of this. If you must move a player, it will be from a table that has more than 6 players (otherwise you would be breaking a table. Let's average that at 8 players when you move a player. You have a 1 in 8 chance the button is where TD says it is. 7 out of 8 times it will be inaccurate and you will have to return from the table to your machine to either set the button manually or manually select a player to move.
In my experience, the hands play a lot faster at the beginning of a tournament than later in the tournament and also when the average stack is less than 15 big blinds. Deeper stacks tend to play much longer per hand.
Not my intention to be negative, but as a player, 1:8 odds aren't something I would play.
Jody