Poll

2 monitors

Understand the Questions
0 (0%)
Terrible English
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Some questions  (Read 3735 times)

Mouras Kid

• View Profile
    • Liga Curitibana de Texas Hold'em
Some questions
« on: June 13, 2007, 10:38:39 PM »
Hi,
First of all, I ask excuses for my poor English, and congratulate you, for your great program.
I and my friends have a poker league, and bought your program, to sophisticate our tournament. However I would like to know, if exist, or you have intention to do this things:
1) Some tournaments, can have together, a over prize that some few player will disput whithother. Without a rake, and rank.  Its possible, to do it, automatic?
2) For us, add-on, is just possible, one time and at the end of rebuy time (like everest poker). And more, is just possible, to someone that don't make the only rebuy possible in that tournament. Should be fine, to put it automatic whit your program.
3) We have a Jack Pot, for who's make a great hand, and I like very much that in your version 2.3, I can put ANOTHER rake specific to it. Would be fantastic, if I can take % of the another rake (rake 2), for any kind of hand, like: 100% Royal 2 cards; 85% straight Flash 2 cards; 70% Royal 1 pocket card; etc...
4) Trying to translate the displays information to Portuguese, I cant do it, with automatic prizes, neither changing "autoPrizes.xlm". Here we use "1º Prêmio" as 1st Prize, and even rewriting that file, still displaying 1st prize.
5) I use a datashow, to display out tournament to the players, and can't put the dialogs to bust, add-on and others in my laptop display. Its possible to show only the layouts in one monitor and dialogs in other?
Thanks for your help, and keep improve your very nice program.
Mouras Kid.
PS: you can view our league in http://www.ligacuritibana.com.br
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 01:42:06 AM by Mouras Kid »
MKid - LCTH

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Some questions
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 11:44:49 AM »
I must admit, I don't quite understand everything you're saying and/or asking.  Don't be offended by that - your English is better than my [insert every other language here].  I'll do my best...

1) Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking.  Can you restate or rephrase this?

2) OK.  I don't think this was a question...

3) I'm not quite sure I understand why you are taking a rake for good hands.  Why would you not simply create a prize that is a % of the pot and award that to the good hand?

4) This is broken, sort of.  Thanks for pointing it out.  By default, the automatic prizes actually uses the "prizeSuggestions.xml" file, and not the "autoPrizes.xml" file, which it should.  That's OK, because those two files are actually the same.  They are both provided so you can edit one without affecting the other.  It's also OK because you can simply change the preferences to use a different file.  So, go to the Preferences tab and press the Config Files button (on the left).  In the "Prizes Configuration Files" section, set the "Automatic prizes file" to the correct file (autoPrizes.xml).

5) Unfortunately not at the moment.

Mouras Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 10:50:05 PM »
 ;D Lets try again, so... (using a translate of google)
1) Some players pay a value more (10% of buyin) to participate of a satellite of another match. Not all. I would like to know, if is possible to separately create a prize only for the players who had paid more for this option.
2) It would be possible to place in its program an option for purchase of Add-on, only for that they had not made rebuy? And only at the end of the time for rebuy?
3) Because it is a prize that is given separately if SOMEBODY to make a Royal straight flush. It is removed of rake 2, without the house receives percentage therefore. He accumulates for the next week if he will not have winner.
4)I modified “prizesuggestions.xml” and it functioned until 9º prize, but I do not have as to modify prizes 10-18, automatically, as attached file… It only can be edited in the Note, because I cannot use accents in UTF-8.
5) A simple way to skirt this problem, would be making possible that the boxes of dialog be opened in the places where they had been closed, and not in the front of the program.
BUGS:
In layout TAB - Background options have 2 "override all background color". One is about lines.
In conditions Rebuys remaining and Add-ons remaining haven't place to put how much.
How in Brasil, we use "," as decimal point and ". " as comma in currency, and I change it in preference, when I put Automatic prize, prizes like 2,5% change to 25%
6) Other necessary conditions, is ">, = or < Round" and not only specific one.
Thanks again
Ps: if you have msn on, my is: mouraskid@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 11:43:41 PM by Mouras Kid »
MKid - LCTH

Mouras Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 11:19:29 PM »
When I Install version 2.3.1 the new "prizeSuggestions.xlm" was over for my modified file. I'm glad, I post it here, and could download...  :) :) :)
MKid - LCTH

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 10:43:36 AM »
;D Lets try again, so... (using a translate of google)
1) Some players pay a value more (10% of buyin) to participate of a satellite of another match. Not all. I would like to know, if is possible to separately create a prize only for the players who had paid more for this option.

Use a separate rake to rake money for this specific prize.  Use the Summary tab to see how much has been raked.  Create a prize with "Recipient" set to "manual", and "Amount" set to the amount of the separate rake.  You'll have to award the prize manually (by overriding the recipient) once you determine who wins the prize.  There's no automatic way to do this.

2) It would be possible to place in its program an option for purchase of Add-on, only for that they had not made rebuy? And only at the end of the time for rebuy?

Again, no way to automatically do this.  But the add-on and rebuy dialogs do display how many add-ons and rebuys each player has already made, so you should be able to tell very quickly who qualifies to add-on at the particular time.

3) Because it is a prize that is given separately if SOMEBODY to make a Royal straight flush. It is removed of rake 2, without the house receives percentage therefore. He accumulates for the next week if he will not have winner.

This is interesting because you rake for this prize because you don't know if someone will actually win it.  If someone does win the prize, and you want to create a prize (in the software) and award it to that player, you'll need to add the raked money back into the pot.  So if someone does win, take the raked amount and add it as a House Contribution, then create a prize of that amount and award it to the winner.

If no one wins the prize that week, the next week you'll repeat the exact same thing, except that in the case that someone DOES win, you'll want to add the raked amount from *both* tournaments (last week's and this week's) as the House Contribution and as the prize amount.

4)I modified “prizesuggestions.xml” and it functioned until 9º prize, but I do not have as to modify prizes 10-18, automatically, as attached file… It only can be edited in the Note, because I cannot use accents in UTF-8.

I do not understand...

5) A simple way to skirt this problem, would be making possible that the boxes of dialog be opened in the places where they had been closed, and not in the front of the program.

True, and this is something I have considered.  Unfortunately, to work on this I need a system with dual monitors, which I don't have.  :(

BUGS:
In layout TAB - Background options have 2 "override all background color". One is about lines.
In conditions Rebuys remaining and Add-ons remaining haven't place to put how much.

Ack, you're right!  Bugs.

How in Brasil, we use "," as decimal point and ". " as comma in currency, and I change it in preference, when I put Automatic prize, prizes like 2,5% change to 25%

Go to the Preferences tab and change "Decimal point" to "," and "Decimal comma" to ".".

6) Other necessary conditions, is ">, = or < Round" and not only specific one.
Thanks again
Ps: if you have msn on, my is: mouraskid@hotmail.com

Yeah, one of these days the Conditions dialog (for cell Property Groups) will become more of a formula, like Points for Playing or the Score Formula...

Mouras Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 05:12:18 PM »
Thank you for so fast answers. I hope to help you to make a better yet program, and don't being a pain...
1) Like you do in rake, separate it in more than one, is very difficult you create 2 kinds of buyin? In this case, the satelites prize (where the house don't take rake) goes only to whose that get better place between that ones that make the 2nd buyin in the same match. If you make it, We can use this option for "satellites" and "Jackpot" prizes.
2) If you could put only one round (and not Through 'X' round) to make possible to get ADD-ON, this would be nice, like the other program we use before.
3) Could be resolved if was enable to create a 2nd buyin, like explained in '1'.
4) Please use at your tests the file "prizeSuggestions.xml "  I put attached in my 2nd post, and you will see that for prizes 1~9 I put manually all prizes, but more than it, I can't find where I change "th places" for "º prêmios".
5) When you click in "load" button, the dialog box appears in the last time you close that. This is because Windows and not your program do it. When you click in button that is exclusive of your program, like "Reset" and others, the dialog box, goes directly in the center of your program. Open the dialog boxes where they are close last time, would be a big step to use 2 monitors, like I saw in others posts of this forum. I have NVIDIA video Board here, and his software have some facilities to use 2 monitors, or 2 desktops. But I don't know why, in your program, I can't use this facilities. If you have NVIDIA VB, you can use 'NVIEW', that comes with driver of  Video Board and simulate 2 monitors using 2 Desktops.
6) I have changed "Decimal point" in preference tab, and this affect "automatic prizes" and "suggest prizes". Do it in your program, and see how its works for the prizes that isn't whole number like 2,5%.
Bugs:
In some "dialog boxes" in the layout tab, like "Background" and others the buttons are half show.
In CHIPS table are swaped "Display on tournament page" with "Don't display on tournament page" in chips menu.
Thanks again, for your attention.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 02:03:53 AM by Mouras Kid »
MKid - LCTH

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 09:06:47 PM »
Sorry to interject,  but point one sounds like it works like a hitman game... only some players pay extra and only those people get a reward at the end

Mouras Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 01:50:16 AM »
Thank you for try help, phaze, I gonna try to explain better:
We have 3 tournaments: Saturday (buyin R$30 (~US$15) with 2 rebuys AND 1 add-on), Sunday (R$200 no rebuys/add-on allowed) and Monday (R$100 with 1 rebuy OR 1 add-on).
Everybody plays Saturday, because is cheap, and pay R$30,00. Some fews, want to try get rebuy for sunday, and put PLUS R$10,00 in separate. The better place in the 20 that put his R$10, get the R$200 to play Sunday.Its between they, the house don't get rake.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 02:06:08 AM by Mouras Kid »
MKid - LCTH

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007, 08:34:56 AM »
Still sounds like a hitman competition...

Let me see if I get this right... On saturday you have a tournament and lots of people play in it. You have a side competition where certain people put in an extra $5 to win a buy in to the Sunday tournament. Not everybody has to pay the $5, but only the people that do pay the $5 can win the buy in for Sunday tournament.

On the first page there is an option to play for bounties. This is an optional extra buy in. I believe you can hold on to your hitman chip if you get knocked out and have to use a rebuy. The program will tell you who wins the prize at the end of the tournament, since its only between the people that put money in to the bounty. You merely exchange the money for the ticket to buy in Sunday competition.

Mouras Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 02:31:55 PM »
Thanks again, for help.
This is a nice use to bounty, but for that really works, should be necessary, that some one get bounty from another, lose it (his and thats he got) for another whose bust him of. Lets try explain: 10 players in regular game (A,B,C,D, etc...). 5 buy a bounty (A,B,C,D and E).  'B' bust 'A' (get his bounty); 'C' bust 'B' (get the 'A' and 'B' bounty). This until don't works very well, because if 'F' bust 'A' he or get his bounty (if is not checked "Restrict bounties", or not). Anyway, If nobody with bounty get the 1st place, the holder of those bounty can't use this bounty, because don't pay for it, at begging of match.
MKid - LCTH