Author Topic: stats and size of windows  (Read 763 times)

EdoardoUTG

• View Profile
stats and size of windows
« on: June 05, 2018, 04:52:52 PM »
Good evening, i have two problems with version 3.4.3

1) when i load all the tournaments (826 files) with "refresh stats" the program always crushes and is not able to create results.

2) opening windows like "add players" "database" etc... the characters are always not centered and too small.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: stats and size of windows
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 10:38:13 PM »
1) when i load all the tournaments (826 files) with "refresh stats" the program always crushes and is not able to create results.

Due to the way the software stores tournaments, a tournament has to be loaded into memory completely in order to determine certain attributes, such as season, league, and date of the tournament.  That way the filter can work to filter out the tournaments you don't want to use to compute stats.  But they are all stored in memory.  I would recommend not doing that at the moment.  In the future I would like to cache them in an actual database, but that's not the way it works today.

I would recommend moving tournaments into separate folders based on some of those same criteria.  For example, putting all of 2017 tournaments in one folder and all of 2018 tournaments in another folder.  Then use the filter to load only the appropriate tournaments.  That way you'll have a lot less tournaments in memory which can hopefully lead to better performance and fewer crashes.

For the windows that are too small: I did notice a few dialogs that had trouble once the font size was increased past a certain size.  There are also likely other factors.  What is the font size you are using (on the Preferences tab)?  And do you know what text size Windows is set to (100%, 125%, 150%, 200%, etc)?