Author Topic: Stats Geeks, Database Guru's, Webmasters In Here!  (Read 2816 times)

Seitz333

• View Profile
Stats Geeks, Database Guru's, Webmasters In Here!
« on: February 15, 2015, 12:50:29 AM »
Hi All,

I decided to change over my website and start using some dynamic pages via a database for tourney results and player stats. Basically I export data from TD into CSV files (from the players tab & database tab). I then open the CSV files in Excel and make a few changes and add 3 new columns, then append it to existing tables in my database. For the database I'm using MS Access 2007 (.accdb) . I have used MySQL and postgresql but I think Access will do fine.

Take a look and let me know what you think. I have all of my players listed but so far I have only uploaded 5 of about 55 tourney results. Tell me what other stats you think people would like to see. Also let me know if there might be an easier way to update the database. After each new tourney I will need to update the players list if there are any new players, and I will need to upload the new tourney results.

From the dropdown boxes make your selection, if you select a player that has not played in a tourney yet you will get an error until I update the database with the results, I plan to try and finish all of the tourneys this coming week.

www.seitz333.com

Thanks,
Chuck

efdenny

• View Profile
Re: Stats Geeks, Database Guru's, Webmasters In Here!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 06:02:05 PM »
That is awesome!  I think that if you could view the compiled states (total winnings, total take, etc) when you click through to a player's stats, that would be of interest as well.  Very, very cool!

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 06:49:39 PM »
That is awesome!  I think that if you could view the compiled states (total winnings, total take, etc) when you click through to a player's stats, that would be of interest as well.  Very, very cool!

Thought about that but I'm afraid there would be some people that would not like it to show how much $ they are a loser, I may do a top 10 page that show the top players???

efdenny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 04:24:37 PM »
Thought about that but I'm afraid there would be some people that would not like it to show how much $ they are a loser, I may do a top 10 page that show the top players???

True, I guess it depends on your crowd.  My guys all like to see how much they've lost, and laugh about it with each other!  Top 10 in terms of total take makes sense, but perhaps just total winnings, since you aren't showing losses that way... just a thought.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 11:05:46 PM »
Very cool!