Author Topic: 2.6.b2 Deleting Database Player  (Read 3479 times)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
2.6.b2 Deleting Database Player
« on: August 10, 2010, 11:23:27 AM »
Upon right clicking a player & clicking delete player, i get the following error:
Code: [Select]
Object doesn't support this property or method (DatabaseTab, TournamentPage: 2374)
 at deleteDBPlayerByUUIDDialog(String)
 at deleteDBPlayerDialog(Number)

Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer
Browser Client Info Version: 7.0
Browser Code Name: Mozilla
Browser Decided Version: 8.0
Browser Detected Version: 8.0
Browser Language: en-US
Browser Minor Version: 0
Browser Version: 4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; FunWebProducts; SIMBAR={063779F8-92CA-4895-B6A4-519C66141E53}; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET4.0C; AskTbFWV5/5.8.0.12304)
Cookies Enabled: true
CPU Class: x86
Data Folder: C:\Users\Mike\Documents\The Tournament Director 2
Date: 11:17:56 am 8/10/2010
DB File: C:\Users\Mike\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\db\td.db
DB Folder: C:\Users\Mike\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\db
Install Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Tournament Director 2
JScript Build: 16475
JScript Version: 5.8
Media Player Version: 12.0.7600.16415
Online: true
Platform: Win32
Preferences File: C:\Users\Mike\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\prefs.sav
Repo Config File: C:\Users\Mike\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\repo.sav
Repo Folder: C:\Users\Mike\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data
System Language: en-US
TD Version: 2.6.b2
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; FunWebProducts; SIMBAR={063779F8-92CA-4895-B6A4-519C66141E53}; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET4.0C; AskTbFWV5/5.8.0.12304)
User Language: en-US
Virtual Store Folder: C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\The Tournament Director 2

After clicking on OK, the player still showed, but I could not click on the player. After going to a different tab, and then back to database, it did a refresh (of sorts) and updated to show the player no longer there. It allows me to right click and shows the contextual menu up until I switch tabs and switch back to it.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: 2.6.b2 Deleting Database Player
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 11:26:56 AM »
Also to note, it does not refresh UNLESS i goto a different tab and go back to the database tab. It does allow me to delete multiple players, but still will not refresh until leaving the tab.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 01:18:59 PM »
This bug has actually been there since version 2.0, but changes in 2.6 beta 2 exposed it.  Finally.  When you delete a player, the player is first removed from the database, then removed from any leagues, then the screen is updated.  The bug prevented the player from being removed from any leagues (it was a bug, but didn't produce an error, and since the player is no longer in the database, the fact that internally he was still part of a league isn't exposed, so no one would ever notice).  A change in 2.6 beta 2 made this bug actually an error.

So, for 2.6 beta 2, consider it an annoyance, because it's still doing the same thing it always has done: it deletes the player, but internally the league still thinks the non-existent player is part of the league.  It just doesn't update the screen, so you'll have to leave the tab and re-enter to update the player list.  I would simply tap ESC twice to close then open the Settings dialog.

D71J

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 05:16:49 AM »
Hi guys,

is there a way to delete all the players in a database at ones? My database contains 500+ players
and need to be removed. I could delete them one at a time but thats gona take a while.

Best regards,

Dave

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 10:48:16 AM »
Sure.  I'll assume at this point you're using version 3.

1) Go to the Preferences tab and press the Data Stores button.
2) On the Data Store line marked "Active", right-click and select "Explore folder".  This should open Windows Explorer directly to the folder containing your database folder (you should see folders "db", "images", "receipts" , "saves", "sounds", and "templates").
3) Exit the Tournament Director
4) In the Windows Explorer window, rename the "db" folder to "db.bak" (or whatever you want, just renamed it to something other than "db")
5) Restart the TD

Upon restart, the TD will notice there is no database folder and create a new one.  By renaming it, instead of deleting it, you still have your old database to go back to if you want.

Alternatively, you could use the Data Stores dialog to create a new Data Store.  This would allow you to switch back and forth between two different Data Stores (and hence two player databases).  But your saved tournaments and templates would reside in only one of them, or scattered between them depending on how you use those databases.