Main > General Discussion

Barcode Scanning+thermal printer

<< < (3/5) > >>

jodybingo:
Thanks Beaker...I spent a bit of time trying to find this info for hm...you beat me to it.

fperes:
Thanks Beaker...

About the twedge software...

TWedge supports all devices connected via the serial interface (RS232), TCP/IP, Bluetooth® or USB (virtual COM) interface. Device connections are bi-directional, thus this data acquisition software can also send control commands to the connected device or poll it on a regularly base.

My scanner is USB, and I didn´t find any Virtual com to use with it...

Do u know where I can find a virtual com to use with my scanner ?

beaker:
Hi fperes,

I'm not a USB expert but here are my thoughts.

I don't believe that a "virtual com" is necessarily something you can acquire for use with your scanner. It really will depend on how your scanner drivers handle the device. Some USB device drivers will setup a virtual com port on your system to support the interface, others will not. You will need to check within your "device manager" to see if a virtual com port has been added. If you are unsure; simply unplug and re-connect your USB scanner with the device manager open, you will then be able to see how your system is designating the device (as a virtual com port or not).

If a virtual com port has been added, you can select the "RS232 / Serial" communication option within Twedge and the appropriate virtual com port number.

If a virtual port does not exist you my need to consider buying a serial scanner. OR you can search around for another keyboard wedge application that supports USB (Twedge is just the one that i'm using, I'm sure there are serial other solutions out there). You will likely find the majority of the simple solutions out there support a serial interface, usb will be harder to find.

Hope this helps a bit,
Beaker

fperes:
Beaker, Thanks again...

I didn´t find anything to use with my usb barcode scanner...

I Think the better solution is buy another barcode scanner with Serial Port...

acdctabs:
Hi guys, i'm really interested by this topic.

I got the "barcode reader", but how do you make it work ?
I mean how do I buy in a player with the barcode ?
ctrl+B and scan the "nickname" do nothing, do i need another key before "sending the name" ?

-edit-
Found it :)
Preferences / Behavior / "Show Find on playres dialogs"
and "auto perform action" checked on buy-in screen

Need the same thing when i Bust someone, it filters the name but don't find a way to "kick" him
(if I don't care about the Hitman)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version