Author Topic: Hit score  (Read 4146 times)

Payner

• View Profile
Hit score
« on: March 15, 2014, 01:07:58 PM »
Just another quickie along the lines of my last post, we use the hit option as a bonus for taking out the winner of the last weeks competition, how do I incorporate that with the
"max(11 - r,1) *10" formula to add another 10 points to that particular persons score so it comes up in the statistics option.

Also can I show the top ten places so far in the league not just the current game, on the main screen at each game? Or modify the rankings page to do it?

Also how do I stop the screens from scrolling, during the game and whilst I am modifying the events etc.

Many Thanks in advance

Paul
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 01:37:05 PM by Payner »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hit score
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 11:02:28 AM »
Just another quickie along the lines of my last post, we use the hit option as a bonus for taking out the winner of the last weeks competition, how do I incorporate that with the
"max(11 - r,1) *10" formula to add another 10 points to that particular persons score so it comes up in the statistics option.

You can't do it with the Points for Playing formula.  On the Prizes tab, create a Prize with the Recipient being "Bounty on player: ___" (and fill in with the winner of last week's tournament).  Set the Amount to "Non-monetary" and set the Points to 10.

Also can I show the top ten places so far in the league not just the current game, on the main screen at each game? Or modify the rankings page to do it?

<stats max="10">

This will display the first 10 players listed on the Stats tab.  It's completely dependent on the Stats tab.  So set the columns on the Stats tab to those you wish to see on the main screen, and refresh stats.

Also how do I stop the screens from scrolling, during the game and whilst I am modifying the events etc.

If you mean that you want to stop the main window from moving between different screens, you can modify the layout so that it doesn't switch between screens (Screen Sets button on the Layout tab), or if you just want to temporarily lock it on a particular screen, press Ctrl+L from the main window.  Pressing 1-9 will select a particular screen and engage the screen lock.  Or you can select a screen using the Controls tab.

Payner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 11:12:15 AM »
Hi Corey,

Thanks again for our help, you're a star

Paul

Payner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 08:09:03 AM »
Hi guys, just another quick query, what if a player wins 2 times in a row, they can't be busted out and the points awarded to them, this happened Monday.

Thanks

Paul

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 08:57:41 AM »
A prize which is a bounty on a player will be awarded to that player if he/she wins.  So if there's a bounty on Corey, if Corey wins the tournament the prize will automatically be awarded to Corey.

Payner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 06:58:18 PM »
Thanks again Corey,

I promise I will learn more and stop asking so many questions, just need a quick fix to try and impress the players in our league, oh and its working  ;D

Starting on the layout now.............. I may be a while

But I have found the forum here excellent, keep up the good work guys

Paul

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 08:53:34 AM »
Don't stop asking questions.  That's what the forums are for.  That's why I'm here.  And others benefit from your questions and our answers.

Payner

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 06:37:18 PM »
Ok your wish is my command  ;)

Where do I put the stats formula <stats max="10"> for it to work?

Thanks again Corey

Paul

Payner

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 07:14:04 PM »
Hi Corey,

Its ok ive found it this time

Paul