Author Topic: Eureka! - My first fully customized layout  (Read 5275 times)

caeles

• View Profile
Eureka! - My first fully customized layout
« on: February 05, 2012, 04:28:30 PM »
Hey everyone,

Just been a user of TD for little more than two weeks, but I am hooked. I just love it. Therefor, in order to share my wealth with the rest of you I hereby give you my main-screen-layout i have built from scratch.

As you will notice, if you are going using it yourself, it is completely built within tables. So here is a quick walkthrough:
  • The first row (is the first <tr> till the first </tr>) is the row where all widths are carefully selected. This layout has been made for a 1366 / 768 - resolution. If you are changing the numbers in there, you will change the layout.
  • If you want to quickly change a cell, but not sure which one.. All you need to do is change border="0" to "1". All cells which have content is now visible
  • The overall fontsize is only used for the chips-denomination, all other sizes are regulated by the style-attributes added to the cell.
  • The layout is logo-ed. If you want to add your own logo's: try to do it in Photoshop, since adding it as an image within TD will give you lots of headaches :)
  • Final thing: the screen has a preference for a 5-chip set, I can't get a 4-chip set aligned yet.

Also, undoubtedly there are a lot of easier ways to have done this, but I couldn't think of any so I went for it this way :)

If there is something wrong, let me know. Though it will be hard to fix it, since now already i am not understanding it half the time ;)..

Let me know what you think,

Regards,
Bobby

Edit: can't seem to add the 10mb PSD-file, sorry for that.. Less customizations possible for you guys :S

Edit2: New backgrounds for the different rounds (uneven, even and breaks) with an extra card to make it prettier.

Edit3: Another batch of new backgrounds also with a new layout-attachment.

Edit4: Problem with breakscreen fixed
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 10:38:58 AM by caeles »

TIMMER

• View Profile
Re: Eureka! - My first fully customized layout
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 04:51:13 PM »
Nice layout  :o   

caeles

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 04:52:15 PM »
Thanks! ;D

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 10:17:28 AM »
Looks great!

Edit: can't seem to add the 10mb PSD-file, sorry for that.. Less customizations possible for you guys :S

There's a restriction somewhere that my hosting service has added, and I still have not contacted them about.  I need to do this.

Just having one problem now with it, if any of you would have look: I can't get the Break-screen to show, it just reverts to the even-round-image (I have got a break after every even-round..). Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I use the same conditions as in a previous layout and there it works like a charm. So if anyone can help me, much appreciated!

I don't see a "Breaks" screen in this layout.  I see Headsup_Default, Main_Default, and Pre_Tournament.

caeles

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 10:24:12 AM »
Thanks! Let me know when it is fixed so i can share the source-files.

'Break' is inserted into the cell itself, for the Headsup-screen as well as for the Main-screen. In other words: in the 'complete'-cell and 'headsup_complete'-cell I have added two more property-sets. One for the even rounds, and one for the breaks. This is what I have done, based on your default-profile, for my previous profile I used for that home poker tourney I told you about. There it worked like a charm, here I can't get it working..

Regards,

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 10:32:51 AM »
Gotcha.  You wrote breaks screen, so I looked for the Screen and gave up after not finding it.

In those two cells, move the "Breaks" Property Set to the first spot in the list.  Also, in the Conditions, you've got "Break number:" selected, but no operator.  Select the "=" operator.  The software will fill in the value automatically once you close the dialog (it should be "any").

caeles

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 10:37:48 AM »
Eureka once more!

Thanks, Corey!

I will update first post with the new *.tlo.

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 09:36:45 AM »
Yet another nice layout, but after spending many many hours altering the last layout i downloaded off the forums to a resolution of 1600x900 i'm not sure i have the patience to do it all over again  :D
I have downloaded your files and may have a dabble when i get some time to spare.

caeles

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 09:44:19 AM »
Haha, I can relate to that. Still pondering myself if I will upgrade this one to HD-reso..

However, come to think of it, it should be fairly easy. The only things that would need a change are the width and height-elements in the table. Besides that you might want to change font-size. But I can't think of other things that would need to be changed.

Let me know how it works out for you, if you'll undertake the dabble :-)

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 02:46:32 PM »
very nice layouts.Very imaginative