Author Topic: Formula for points championship???  (Read 3700 times)

Tonyo1977

• View Profile
Formula for points championship???
« on: November 22, 2011, 07:31:00 PM »
Hello,

I am new on the forum, the new user of Tournament Director (version 3.0), and French, thus saddened beforehand for my bad English....

I intend to create a championship of poker with friends.

The tournament is 2 €, unlimited rebuy in 2 €, 1 add-on in 2 €.

How to create this mini-championship and which formulates for the points of classification by tournament?

I shall like a formula connected to the total money, to the amount of the buy - in, among players, and of course on the final place.

Can you light me? Is it possible to send to me screenshots for the various manipulations?
Thank you in advance.

Tonyo1977 (new user of Tournament Director version 3.0)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Formula for points championship???
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 12:01:01 AM »
Tonyo1977,

There's an infinite number of ways to manipulate the points systems. The most there's plenty of topics you can find jut by searching points formula, or something to the like. If you have an idea of what you want to do, let us know - there's plenty of people willing to help you out, myself included. Also, don't be afraid to use Google Translate (http://translate.google.com) and type in your original language, and it should give you a decent English translation. Otherwise, I think your initial post here was decently clear :)

I would have a few questions for you for the points and tournaments:
1. How many players play, on average?
2. How many get paid?
3. For the points, do you want it to equal the money that they earn? If so, What would the breakdown of the payouts be?
4. If not, would you want a lot of space between places, or very little?
5. How many tournaments do you plan on having?

Knowing that would at least give us (or at least, me) a basis of where to start from.  Also, if you have a file of this, no matter the language, feel free to post it on here - I can run it through the translator and we should be able to figure something out for you.

Mike
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Tonyo1977

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 10:47:31 AM »
First, thank you for your answer!

1. 16 players on average
2. 4 of 16 players seems to me to be a good number. (?)
3. For points, yes, I would like it depends on the prize pool (each part will be different, depending on the number of buy-in, rebuy and add-on.
-> For the earnings distribution, not really mind (perhaps 46% / 27% / 17% / 10% as proposed Tournament director)
4 & 5. About 5 tournaments, thus places tight enough without being too much either ... : p

I would also include:
1 point for a buy-in
1 point for a rebuy
1 point for an add-on

3 points per player eliminated

Thank you in advance for your help
Best regards

PS: Is it possible to have screenshots? : p

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 02:01:00 PM »
Sure - Now that I know somewhat of what you would like, I can get to getting something figured out for you. Others may also give their ideas, so, hopefully between all of us that do help, we can find something that works :)

Once I get something figured out for you, I will then show you with screen shots. Should have something hopefully by the end of my day.
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 07:45:50 PM »
I would also include:
1 point for a buy-in
1 point for a rebuy
1 point for an add-on

3 points per player eliminated

Question - Do you want to add a point for each rebuy/add-on, or do you want to deduct one?

EDIT - attached is a pic of what I have so far - not much yet, but got away for some free time. Where the arrows are, you'll want to put the information in. I left the points for rebuy and add-on at zero, for now, since I'm unsure of what you're wanting. Typically, one will penalize for rebuys, sometimes for addons too. Note that the allow rebuy and addon will need to be checked as well.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 07:58:46 PM by Magic_fubu »
---

Tonyo1977

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 05:10:12 AM »
As the buy-in is not high, and as it is with friends, with a positive buy-in, like the rebuy and add-on ... Already thank you ... :)

It remains to find a formula for the championship ...

When creating a league, the results for each round are automatically saved? The ranking is then what tab?

Thank you in advance
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 08:17:32 AM by Tonyo1977 »

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 09:24:29 PM »
Ok... I think I've got what you're looking for. This formula will pay anyone in the top 25% of any tournament that you run. If you have 16 players, it will award the top 4 players points of 16 for first, 15 for second, 14 for third, and 13 for fourth. This would be in addition to the point for buying in, any points earned for rebuys and any points for add-ons. The "Help Completed, I think" shows the formula, as well as the entries for the hits, add-ons, etc.  The "Help, Proof for formula" shows how TD accounts for the formula.

For the points earned throughout the time, yes it will automatically be saved, but you have to help TD - you have to tell it how to get the information correctly for you. Part one of stats help shows the "refresh stats" window open, but you need to first tell TD how to sort the tournaments. First click on Edit Profiles (arrow on part one). You will want to create a new profile (stats, part two screenshot). Name it as you wish - League name will work if you are not doing seasons. On the part two, I have some notes for you that you will want to take into considerations. Stats part three shows how to get the overall score to show - which I'm assuming that you want to sum up the points. If you want the best 5 tournaments to show, then we can definitely modify it so that it works for that.

If the formula doesn't work for you for any reason, whether it's too tight in points, or just doesn't work on your side, please let me know. If I forgot to address something, speak up and I'll address it. I think I've got it worked out and everything address. Hope this goes smooth for you!
---

Tonyo1977

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 02:12:43 PM »
Hi!
Thank you once again!

Finally 19 players for the first edition.
I changed your Fomule and I decided to give points to players finals (eight final table players) after enrollment. The same formula as your ...

In the stats tab, there is a problem.
The first ranking tournament is ok (column "Points"), but the column "overall score" is 0 everywhere ...???

Where did I do wrong?
Thank you in advance

Cordially.

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 07:40:02 PM »
( Overall Score )  You need more than 1 game, saved, & filtered, So after 2 or more games, saved & filtered,  something will show then.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 11:08:16 PM »
For me, overall score, no matter what I do, always has shown up as zero, but it always ha summed up the points earned throughout the season... *shrugs*
---

Tonyo1977

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 06:21:23 AM »
Thanks!

Have a great week!
Bye

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 01:57:13 PM »
For me, overall score, no matter what I do, always has shown up as zero, but it always ha summed up the points earned throughout the season... *shrugs*
In Overall Score you have,  Sum(points) and Scoring is Points,       Heres the Default you can modify it to your liking.      Scoring,   log((n + 1) / r)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 02:28:42 PM »
In Overall Score you have,  Sum(points) and Scoring is Points,       Heres the Default you can modify it to your liking.      Scoring,   log((n + 1) / r)

So, if I'm understanding you right, if I want to sum the points up from the individual tournaments, I should just have the same formula in for the overall score?
---

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 02:59:20 PM »
Score,   log((n + 1) / r)    Overall Scoring,   (1-exp(-average(scores))) * 100     

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 05:15:19 PM »
Not sure
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 05:19:08 PM by TIMMER »