Author Topic: Share Tournament Videos  (Read 10974 times)

beaker

• View Profile
Share Tournament Videos
« on: March 26, 2011, 07:03:01 AM »
Hi fellas!

Here are a couple links to quick videos I made of my home poker setup. My video making abilities are not the best, but it will give you the basic idea. I have taken screen layouts, backgrounds and audio from several of you guys, much appreciated for sharing!

I'm still in the process of ironing out some issues, but i didn't want to wait a few more months following my next tournament to make the video. The vid was made a couple days after my last tourney, using the TD beta version. So the clean up / tear down effort has already begun in my poker room, but you'll still get a good feel for the setup.

poker room & registration -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btbcT3NxsSk

bust-out -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcI_BxEieKw

Comments are welcome!
Thanks.
Brian
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 07:22:09 AM by beaker »

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Re: Video
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 11:33:09 AM »
Excellent set up Beaker.
Loved the screens. . What happens if a player busts out on a bad beat and walks out with out scanning the card?
How do you get the boxes to overlap. ie the blinds(text sign) over the actual blinds (current blinds) box etc.

Would you upload your layout so i could have a look.

beaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 01:30:36 PM »
Hi Mahound,

I'm not able to currently guard against the rare occasion when somebody leaves without busting themselves out... maybe I could incorporate the bar codes on the membership cards with a lock system on the exit door :)

Anyways, it works pretty well with my particular tournaments because it is basically the same 45 players invited to each tourney. Everyone knows that proper table balancing is dependent on players busting out within the system. If somebody does take off without busting out the remaining players always tell me and I just bust them out manually.

I'm not sure that I 100% understand your question regarding box overlapping. TD layout design has always been my weakness and I haven't been able to explore all the enhancements in the Beta version yet. Most of my screens / layouts have been simply borrowed from other TD forum users, my screens were taken from Hally I believe.

Anyway, I've attached my layout save file from the Beta TD version; hopefully this is what you need. If not, just let me know and I'll attach anything you'd like.

Beaker

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 04:38:21 PM »
Nice Set-up, how do you manage to by-pass the print dialogue?

Stu
Stuart Murray

beaker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 05:01:50 PM »
Hi Stu,

I'm not actually by-passing the dialogue, once the scanner data is received it invokes an event to automate navigation through the various TD prompts.

The scanner transmits the barcode number which is associated with each "player ID" in TD. The code is captured by a program called T-wedge and passed to TD as keystrokes. In addition to passing the barcode number, I can use T-wedge to add whatever else I need to perform the registration and bust-out tasks. T-wedge includes Java Script capabilities, so basically I can instruct the application to pass specific TD hotkeys to enter buy-in or bust out dialogues, I can pass "tab", "space" and "enter" keystrokes to navigate around the dialogues, and I can enter delays to wait for IE print tasks, etc. I can also transmit characters to the scanner to achieve various tasks, like disabling the scanner temporarily if I have an extended TD event which needs to complete.

Hope this helps
Beaker

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 06:11:33 PM »
I think I see, so if you enter a player manually T-wedge does not intervene and enter the keystrokes for you?  I presume it is all based on the input from the scanner, which then prompts T-wedge into action?

Stu
Stuart Murray

beaker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 06:13:05 PM »
Exactly

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 06:38:25 PM »
kewl, glad it works well for you.  Still looking for that print dialogue suppressant, far too much code and tech knowledge required looking at the posts on the internet though for me to understand.

All my entries are carried out manually with a receipt printer but the print dialogue pops up on the extended display which is a total pain in the arse, looks poor and slows down registration waiting for the print dialogue during each entry - not handy!

Stu
Stuart Murray

beaker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 07:35:19 PM »
YES!!!! That print dialog on the extended display drives me nuts too!! If I ever come across a way to fix that I'll let you know for sure...

GreenTurtle

• View Profile
Re: Share Tournament Videos
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 03:41:30 AM »
bust-out -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcI_BxEieKw
How and where do you change that the Player Movement screen is shown on screen (automatically) when a player busts out and one (or more) players will move table?

Thanks!

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 07:38:25 AM »
On the Player Movement Suggestion dialogue which pops up after you have busted player(s) you will note the check box at the bottom which says "Display player movement screen when player movement suggestion accepted" check this box if you want the movement screen to come up automatically.

Regards
Stu
Stuart Murray

GreenTurtle

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 12:13:00 PM »
Thanks! One more, do you know how to disable the scroll bra on Player Movement screen?

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 12:22:15 PM »
you can only disable it each time it displays by right clicking on the screen when displayed then 'auto-scroll' (or something similar)

The only other thing I can suggest is to reduce the font size in order that more information is displayed at once, reducing the need for scrolling.

Stu
Stuart Murray

GreenTurtle

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 01:17:05 PM »
you can only disable it each time it displays by right clicking on the screen when displayed then 'auto-scroll' (or something similar)

The only other thing I can suggest is to reduce the font size in order that more information is displayed at once, reducing the need for scrolling.

Stu
Yes I've done all that. But even though I don't have ANYTHING on the screen, the scroll bar is visible and "out-greyed"

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2011, 01:58:53 PM »
Thanks! One more, do you know how to disable the scroll bra on Player Movement screen?
The scroll bar is always going to be there, only Corey can get rid of it ....lol