Author Topic: Copy TD setup from one computer to another?  (Read 2812 times)

wbtczn

• View Profile
Copy TD setup from one computer to another?
« on: June 04, 2008, 06:41:02 PM »
Forgive me if this has been answered...I've been looking through the forum, but can't find the answer.

Although I host most of our games, I have a friend who also hosts.  He has purchased his own copy of TD.  We'd like to have the exact same screens/players/sounds/etc. on both computers.  Is there a list somewhere of what files I need to copy?

Also, we haven't been keeping season stats, but it's something I'd like to look into.  What would I need to do to get the stats off of his computer onto mine?

Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Copy TD setup from one computer to another?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 09:49:26 PM »
Easiest thing to do is use the Backup/Restore feature on the Database tab.  Backup the essential files on one computer, then restore them on the other.

Note that this is not a "synchronization".  When you Restore a backup, you are overwriting all relevant [Tournament Director] data files.  So if you make changes on PC A, you need to migrate them to PC B before making any changes on PC B or you run the risk of losing those changes.

wbtczn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 10:18:24 PM »
Easiest thing to do is use the Backup/Restore feature on the Database tab.  Backup the essential files on one computer, then restore them on the other.

Note that this is not a "synchronization".  When you Restore a backup, you are overwriting all relevant [Tournament Director] data files.  So if you make changes on PC A, you need to migrate them to PC B before making any changes on PC B or you run the risk of losing those changes.

Corey, does the backup include the sound files?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 02:59:19 PM »
No.  Database, saved tournaments, templates, and preferences (all optional).  It does not include sound files, or image files used in layouts.

The other way to do this is just to copy the entire Tournament Director folder.  So long as you save all TD relevant files within the Tournament Director install folder, you can just copy the whole thing.  It should be entirely portable.

wbtczn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 08:36:46 PM »
Thanks Corey!

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 10:03:38 AM »
Is there a way to synchronize?
My League Website - Joomla Component for TD. Now available for Joomla 1.5, 1.7 & 2.5

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 10:13:17 AM »
Not at this time.

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 08:41:00 PM »
I had a simular issue except i am trying to transfer everything including my license from my laptop which is dying to another laptop i own. I tried just copying over the Program Files\TD directory but it shows up as unlicensed...

Any help could be apprecaited.

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 10:29:14 PM »
re-enter your license key

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 12:06:31 AM »
sorry for the delay... works been killing me. I dont have the license key anymore...