Author Topic: Pause the clock after certain rounds  (Read 2225 times)

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
Pause the clock after certain rounds
« on: January 02, 2008, 08:55:13 PM »
I know you a setting can be clicked within preferances to pause after every round. But I want to pause after each of the first 3 rounds, to allow for seating for late players.

I attempted to create an event but I guess I entered the wrong criteria information.

Any help would be appreciated.
Keith Huggins
Huggins Poker

Phaze

• View Profile
Re: Pause the clock after certain rounds
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 09:14:42 PM »
you could set up a 1 second break and have the chip tokens activate, with pause at end of breaks checked

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 09:08:31 AM »
Thanks for the reply Phaze.

I understand and will try the idea of setting a short break and setting the prefference for pausing at the end of the break.

But what is "have the chip tokens activate"

Keith

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 11:22:14 AM »
Create an event with these conditions:

(secondsLeft = 0) and (roundNum <= 3)

Add actions to pause the clock and whatever else you want it to do.  Make sure that you move this new event above any others that may fire at the same time, like an end-of-round alarm (I made this mistake in trying this).

I came across an interesting bug, I think, in trying this: when the clock pauses at 0 seconds left, it actually goes back to 1 second left.  And this gets it stuck in a perpetual loop because when you unpause the clock, it hits 0, pauses automatically because of the event, and rolls back to 1 second left...  See if you see the same thing.

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 08:18:21 AM »
Thanks for the reply Phaze.

I understand and will try the idea of setting a short break and setting the prefference for pausing at the end of the break.

But what is "have the chip tokens activate"

Keith

What I meant is that there is a token for chip up... if you renamed that or created a new token to show that you are seating late players at that time then it will look all that more professional and your players will understand what is going on during that pause break

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 03:07:06 PM »
Nice...

Thanks to both of you for your feedback... I have been sick for the last 2 weeks so I just now read the solution.

I will try it tonight and will let you know if I come accross the same bug.

If I do I will disable that event for the time being.

Ketih Huggins
Huggins Poker
www.myspace.com/hugginspoker
www.statsgenie.com/poker/default.aspx?OrgID=1879

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 09:11:42 PM »
I added the event and did a quick test run... The event did work it was able to pause the clock at the end of the round.

But I did experience the same bug. It went back to 1 second. What I did though was hit the space bar a couple of times and it did go to the next round. But tonight i will hit Ctrl N to skip to the next round this should work.

My event has 2 actions pause the clock and to display a message "Adding Aditional Players" to add the element Phaze has suggested.

Keith