Author Topic: Tables  (Read 2764 times)

NormanCook

• View Profile
Tables
« on: June 13, 2006, 10:02:14 AM »
Last ?
If I make 2 tables 7 max and 12 people playing, why does it when 2 a busted out make one 10 persons table and where do i chance it so it keeps a maximum of 7 players pr. table ?

TimDugan

• View Profile
    • The Oregon Poker Tour
Re: Tables
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 10:11:33 AM »
If I'm understanding you correctly, and I'm not sure I do, when you create the tables you need to tell the program each table only has 7 seats instead of 10.  The program will combine the group at the first chance it gets.

NormanCook

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 10:18:08 AM »
okay let me try again.
12 people are playing. I make 2 tabels and tell the program in the "new table" tab that "Number of seats" are 7. I make 2 tabels whit this settings because i only want 7 players and each table but when 2 of the 12 players are out it makes 1 table of 10 people and i dont want that i want it to always to be max 7

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 10:31:57 AM »
Well, I think I'm confused, and it sounds like Tim is also.  It sounds like you have 12 players, and you create 2 tables with 7 seats each.  Are there other tables?  Because the software will never modify the number of seats at a table.  If you only have 2 tables defined, and those 2 tables have 7 seats each (and no more), when you bust out 2 players, what table is the software moving the players to?

NormanCook

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 10:53:04 AM »
Okay I can see why you dont get it - cause when I look at the seating chart it looks okay but at the main page it sais 10x1 meanin 1 table whit 10 people - that must be a bug ?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 11:38:56 AM »
Ah, I see now.  No, it's not a bug.  In your layout, change the <tables> token to <currenttables>.  The <tables> token displays the optimal table layout, given tables all of a particular size (which is, by default, 10).  The <currenttables> token displays what the actual current layout is.

I'm sure that when your tournament is running and you see on the main (tournament) page "10 x 1", if you then move to the Tables tab or the Seating Chart page, you'll see that you still have players seated at two tables of 7 seats each.  After you change the token to <currenttables>, you should see 6 x 2, and then 6 x 1  5 x 1, and then 5 x 2, etc, as players bust out.