Author Topic: Printing Change of Position  (Read 3078 times)

Baccarat

• View Profile
Printing Change of Position
« on: January 29, 2008, 02:33:36 PM »
We run Tournaments up to 400 players.  We use a microphone to indicate the new seat of a player, but sometimes they seat at the wrong position or table.  Is there any way to print the balances.

Thanks

Baccarat

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Printing Change of Position
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 09:56:30 AM »
No, but you can display the changes on the main screen starting in 2.5.  You can try out the beta version if you want, in the Beta Testing forum.

alon.albert

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 01:20:25 PM »
I second the printing idea. It would be great to have a Print button on the rebalance screen that will print little cards that you can hand the players who need to move.

juicebox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 10:14:51 AM »
You can now show player moves on the main screen? That's awesome.

I do like the idea of printing out stubs for player moves. We currently do it manually on little slips of paper. If anyone wants me to u/l it (can I do that Corey?), I'd be happy to do so.

I like the idea of printing out stubs for player moves, since we currently do this manually. We usually do bounty tournaments so I have them write their name (and email address if they are a new player) and the name of the player that knocked them out. That makes it easy for us to track when players have been knocked out (we have had players get knocked out and not tell us) and the player delivering the TKO will make sure the player submits the stub because they want the bounty money. A very effective simple system with a built-in check. I'll be happy to u/l it (if Corey doesn't mind) if anyone would like to look at it.

We also use a seat stub for initial seat assignment. After everyone is paid, we have TD assign the seating and we call out the the names and give them a stub with their seat and a Ziploc baggie with their chips (doing this in advance saves a lot of time). There is no confusion and less player handholding (which is always my goal).

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 04:23:18 PM »
You're free to attach files to your posts.

Baccarat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 08:43:03 PM »
I am interested.  Would you mind send me your stubs.  In large tournaments the main problems are operating problems, like wrong names, seats or tables, that's why we NEED to print every change. 
Please Corey, be mercy.

Marco.

P.D.: TD 2.5 it's great anyway. Thanks.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 01:27:59 PM »
Will be in for the next release.