Author Topic: 3.3 beta 2  (Read 16074 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
3.3 beta 2
« on: February 25, 2014, 11:34:07 PM »
Well, I didn't really plan on a beta 2, but as usual I couldn't help but mess with things.  This will hopefully be a [very] short beta.

Standard beta testing disclaimer:
This is a BETA release of the software.  Beta means I am not aware of any bugs, but I'd like to get some more testing done before an official release.

If you plan to participate in the beta test, backup your data first.  This can never be stated too often.  The TD can do this for you, just press the "Backup" button on the Database tab and check all options.  You should do this whether you try a beta version or not.

Below is the relevant part of the changes.txt file.

Thank you again to everyone who will participate in this test release.  Please post or email any feedback you have.

Edit: Version 3.3 has been released, so this beta has now ended.  You can download version 3.3 from the main download page: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/download.html

Version 3.3.b2 (beta release 2)
======================================================================
New Features:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
- The Tournament Director and The Hendon Mob (http://www.thehendonmob.com) are now partners!  Completed tournaments
  can now be sent directly to The Hendon Mob website for inclusion in their poker database.
- Added preference "Allow override when add-on or rebuy period is over".  Disabling this preference prevents the
  add-on and rebuy dialogs from showing the "Override" option when the add-on or rebuy period is over.
- Added "Upon application start, continue where I left off" preference to automatically load the tournament that was
  loaded when the application was last exited
- Added "Display tournament filename first on title bar" preference
- Added "Load this tournament" to context menu on StatsPlayer dialog, for Income and Tournaments sections
- Updated Stats tab to allow personal information and Overall Score columns in Single Field view mode
- Updated Stats tab to use distinct (editable) columns in Single Field view mode
- Added Sum and Average columns and Average row for Single Field view mode on Stats tab
- Improved player sorting for player HTML exports.  Added sorting to Stats exports.
- Allow hiding and rearranging sections on Controls tab

Bugs Fixed:
- BUG (3.3.b1): Error setting all chip values on Set Chip Counts dialog
- BUG (3.3.b1): Adding a player to the tournament from the Database tab does not copy all player information correctly
- BUG (3.3.b1): Sorting by "Table Name" or "Seat Number" column doesn't work
- BUG (3.3.b1): Error when "Set from statistics" [Overall Score formula dialog] button pressed
- BUG (3.3.b1): Some file inputs render too wide
- BUG (3.2): 10s are 0-padded for various layout tokens using the format="HHMMSS" attribute
- BUG (3.2): The <clock> layout token description indicates that it uses the HHMMSS format but does not
- BUG (3.0): Column name doesn't render properly on Stats tab Single Field view mode for a tournament with no Event Name
- BUG (3.2): Tooltip tournament path incorrect (Stats tab View Player dialog)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 11:56:26 PM by Corey Cooper »

T-Bone

• View Profile
Re: 3.3 beta 2
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 03:48:53 AM »
"Upon application start, continue where I left off" not working for me. Still loads default tournament.

Refreshing stats no longer displays them on my pre-tournament screen.
If it ain't naked, deep-fried or poker-related, I ain't interested!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 08:53:52 AM »
"Upon application start, continue where I left off" not working for me. Still loads default tournament.

Hmmm... odd, I'm just not seeing that.  The default tournament is initialized first.  Then it looks for a tournament path passed on the command line.  If there is one, it loads it.  If not, it checks the last tournament loaded, and tries to load that one.

It's working for me, so ... I guess, is it possible you have a tournament path passed to the application on the command line?

Refreshing stats no longer displays them on my pre-tournament screen.

Oh, excellent catch, thank you.  I made extensive changes to the Stats tab, and completely forgot about this layout token (I assume you're referring to the <stats> token).

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 01:31:33 PM »
No command line of which I am aware involved. And, yes, <stats> token is the culprit.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 02:01:00 PM »
Frustrating, because I can't make that happen.  I guess we'll see if anyone else has the same issue.

<stats> token is all fixed up.  Thanks again.

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 06:31:02 AM »
Any plan to patch for <stats> fix or should I rollback to previous beta?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 09:00:40 AM »
No, I won't patch it (because it's a beta), but my plan is to try to release 3.3 over the upcoming weekend, depending on feedback from my integration partner (The Hendon Mob).  Barring any unforeseen serious issues, of course, but I don't know of any so far that I haven't already fixed.

If you need it before then and don't still have the last beta (it's no longer posted on the site), send me an email: support@thetournamentdirector.net.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 04:42:50 PM »

Is this still broken for you, or did you roll back to the previous beta?

I've had this enabled since beta 2 was released and it continues working for me.  It's great!  I wish I had added this to the software years ago.  It makes developing and testing the software so much easier.  :)

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 06:29:41 AM »
Still broken. I kept beta 2 on this PC and left previous version on my "Tournament" laptop.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 09:14:03 AM »
When "Continue where I left off" is enabled, when the TD starts it will load the last tournament loaded and a dialog will open showing that the tournament was loaded (typical dialog you get after loading a tournament).  If the file can't be found or opened, nothing will happen.  Unfortunately.  It doesn't tell you if there was an error of any kind.  Maybe I should add a dialog.

I tried loading a tournament on a mapped drive, and on a network drive with UNC path (\\myPC\c$\Users\Corey\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\saves\myTourney.tdt).  All worked.  I can't think of anything else that might be different.

Is there anything unusual about your TD environment?

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 03:50:38 AM »
The only thing I can think of that might be "unusual" is my datastore is in the Tournament Director 2 folder, not my documents. Which I now notice is where yours is!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 06:57:56 AM by T-Bone »

efdenny

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 03:08:40 PM »

Same for me on 3.3 final.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 03:33:00 PM »
I added an error message in the final version.  If the last tournament loaded when you quit the application can't be found the next time you start the application, you should see an error.  Otherwise, it should have successfully loaded the tournament.

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 03:53:48 PM »
No load...no error. ???

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 09:05:24 PM »
OK, so bear with me ... and please don't get offended, I just want to make absolutely sure we're all on the same page.  Because I can't see in the code why this wouldn't work.

Start up the TD.  Go to the Preferences tab.  Select the "Loading / Saving" category.  Near the top, make sure "Upon application start, continue where I left off" is checked.  Go back to the Game tab and load a tournament.  Look in the "Filename" box at the top of the "Tournament Information" section.  The path to the tournament you just loaded should be listed there.  Now exit the TD application.  Start it up again.

Does the same tournament load automatically?  That's what should happen.  What is listed in the "Filename" box at the top of the "Tournament Information" section?  Is there a file path listed in there?  If only the default tournament loaded, then the Filename box should be empty.