Author Topic: Alternate List with TD3  (Read 2061 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Alternate List with TD3
« on: September 07, 2012, 12:48:36 PM »
For those using the commercial version of TD3 and fill out their tournaments and have players leftover;
he last 2 clubs I worked for would create a list using pen and paper and create an alternate list (a list of players who will replace all no-shows or will replace players that have busted through late registration periods). With a bit of elbow grease this can be done easily in TD.
Create an additional table once your tournament is sold out and set the amount of seats to what you think your alternate list would require (I set mine to 20 for our free tournaments and 15 to our buy-ins over $50). I simply call my table "Alternates" immediately make all seats on this table Unavailable. When you have a player that needs to be put on the alternate list register them (do not buy-in) and from the Tables Tab drag and drop him/her onto the seat closest to number 1. Any other players should be put on the next available seat on this table. When you are ready to use your first name on the list simply drag and drop him onto the seat that is available and buy him in. Delete Seat 1 from the alternate table, all names move up. If you need to add extra seats to this table you can simply double-click and increase the number of seats from there.
Jody

JimG

• View Profile
Re: Alternate List with TD3
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 08:54:33 AM »
Great idea!  I will use this... JimG