Author Topic: Daylight Saving time effects tournament outcome stats.  (Read 1736 times)

C-Pr0mpt

• View Profile
Daylight Saving time effects tournament outcome stats.
« on: November 04, 2012, 07:34:38 PM »
Just had a tournament last night where the final stats of the tournament were effected by daylight saving time change happening in the middle of the tournament.

3rd place busted out before the time change and 2nd place busted out after the time change.  Though because TD runs off the computer time, after the tournament was ended when 2rd place was busted out, the stats changed by themselves to make 2nd place 3rd place, and 3rd place 2nd place.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight Saving time effects tournament outcome stats.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 08:51:01 PM »
Oh no!  I guess that's the once-a-year peril of working off of time-of-day.  You should be able to easily fix it using the Adjust Rankings feature on the Players tab to adjust the bust-out times.  It should be pretty simple and straightforward for you to do it yourself, but you can send it to me (support@thetournamentdirector.net) and I can do it for you if you'd like.

C-Pr0mpt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 09:46:01 PM »
I already fixed it.  Just thought I'd bring it up.  :)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 07:19:14 AM »
Thanks for posting it.  I can't believe that it has never even occurred to me that it could happen ... or that it has never been reported to have happened until now.

C-Pr0mpt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 10:52:27 PM »
As often as my group plays poker, I was kind of surprised this was the first time it happened to us.  I was equally surprised when I searched the forums and came up with nothing.