Author Topic: Auto Movement of players  (Read 2306 times)

brunobus

• View Profile
Auto Movement of players
« on: March 20, 2006, 09:16:23 PM »
I have run the new software for the last 2 months and something really strange is happening.  The player that is originally seated at table 1, seat 1 gets moved several times during the tournament and always ends up being moved to the #1 spot at another table if that spot is empty.  Actually, I think that if the number 1 spot empties at any table, the original 1-1 player will get moved and maybe even if the tables are still in balance.  It's that noticeable.  In Feb., the 1-1 position was moved at least 3 times and in my Mar. tourney, about the same and each time into another #1 spot. 

My players will deal from the 1 spot until they get moved, but it really sucks to have them getting moved to another dealer spot every time and also having to move so many times when I know the software is supposed to not move players that have already been moved unless a table breaks down.  I also don't want to lock a player in the dealers spot either.

After Feb., I turned off the "When moving players, seat players as close to seat 1 as possible" thinking that this setting may have had something to do with it, but March resulted in the same thing.  I am taking the dealer button designator off for the April tourney to see if that helps, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced this and has a solution.

Thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Movement of players
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 12:47:10 PM »
I am taking the dealer button designator off for the April tourney to see if that helps...

If you had the dealer button designated on your tables, then the TD will attempt to move players in a dealer-relative way.  In other words, if a player needs to be moved to table 1, seat 5, and the dealer button is at seat 1, then seat 5 is 4 seats away from the button.  The TD will attempt to find a player at another table that can be moved that is sitting 4 seats away from the dealer at that table.  That way, the moved player is no better or worse off with respect to paying blinds.

If you have the dealer buttons set on each of your tables, you need to make sure to set to their current locations before moving players.  This would be a pain to do real-time, so the easiest way to do this is to wait until the TD suggest movement, disregard the movement and set your dealer buttons to their proper locations, then press the Suggest Movement button.

If your dealer buttons are all sitting at the same seat number on each of your tables, you're going to get a player moving from seat N to the same seat N on another table...