Author Topic: roundout variable does not work for winner  (Read 1947 times)

Joah

• View Profile
roundout variable does not work for winner
« on: March 07, 2010, 04:18:58 PM »
I know the variable is set once a player is busted out. I'd like to award points for every round a playert lasts, based on the roundout variable. The problem is that the winner does not get these points as his "ro" variable is empty.

Is there a workaround to this problem?

TIMMER

• View Profile
Re: roundout variable does not work for winner
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 05:30:37 PM »
if your using a formula, in the Prizes-Tab should be blank try adding it there           Formula  are my down fall :-\ :'(
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 05:45:57 PM by TIMMER »

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 09:38:32 PM »
if your using a formula, in the Prizes-Tab should be blank try adding it there           Formula  are my down fall :-\ :'(

They're my downfall too, but as TIMMER was eluding to, you should be able to do it via prizes tab. What you would want to do, though (i think) is to create a prize for each player, and manually enter the points for their round out bonus that you're trying to do.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 10:34:48 AM »
I know the variable is set once a player is busted out. I'd like to award points for every round a playert lasts, based on the roundout variable. The problem is that the winner does not get these points as his "ro" variable is empty.

Is there a workaround to this problem?

Nope, no workaround other than to do it manually.  The "ro" and "roundOut" variables are indeed empty, because the winner never busted out.  You'll probably have to adjust the winner's points by editing the winner on the Players tab.

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 02:36:57 PM »
I'm not sure if there is a way, but can you award points for each round they are still in and complete?

That may help here.
My League Website - Joomla Component for TD. Now available for Joomla 1.5, 1.7 & 2.5

Joah

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 08:52:12 AM »
What I'd like is to award points for each round a player lasts. So if you get busted out in round 5, you get 50 points. And if you get busted out in round 8 you get 80 points.

So far no problem. I can use (ro*10) as a formula. But the winner gets no ro (RoundOut) as stated above, so this formula doesn't give the winner points. He (or she) should get the same amount of points as the runner up, as they both finish the game in the same round.

So what i need is a variable like CurrentRound or LastRound. Any chance the developers would put this in?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 09:40:14 AM »
It could be added, but I wouldn't consider it a very high priority item.  Especially when you can simply adjust the winner's points manually (versus having to adjust everyone's points - you only have to do this for one player, so it's an easy workaround).